• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X SQUARED POLARIZED Model

Status
Not open for further replies.

supermd2013

Oakley Beginner
I am very interesting Oakley X SQUARED POLARIZED series, there are two models, One is 006011-06: Polished Carbon/Black Iridium, another is 006011-08: Carbon/OO Black Iridium Polarized.

I see the lens color of 06 model is black from picture, while the lens color of 08 is violet shaped from picture, so what color is OO Black Iridium Polarized, it not looks black color? Does anyone who have 08 model knows the real lens color.

Thanks.

huh? violet shaped?
English is most likely not his native language, so you have to try to piece together what he means. In this case, I think he means the OO lens looks like it has a violet tint to it compared to the normal BI lens.

Assuming that's what he means, I'll try to answer his question:

- The Black Iridium lens has a grey base tint and has a black iridium coating.
- The OO Black Iridium polarized has an OO base tint (rose colored, which is why it looks purplish to you) with a black iridium coating.

The main differnces are that the Black Iridium is a neutral lens and the OO Black Iridium Polarized is a contrast lens and is also polarized to reduce glare. It's also more expensive than the non-polairzed black iridium lens. So you see, they are actually two different lenses. The "Black Iridium" part just refers to the color of the coating used on the lens. But the base tint of each lens is entirely different.

Hope this answers your question and welcome to the forum.

English is most likely not his native language, so you have to try to piece together what he means. In this case, I think he means the OO lens looks like it has a violet tint to it compare the the normal BI lens.

- The OO Black Iridium polarized has an OO base tint (rose colored, which is why it looks purplish to you) with a black iridium coating.

The main differnces are that the Black Iridium is a neutral lens and the OO Black Iridium Polarized is a contrast lens and is also polarized to reduce glare. It's also more expensive than the non-polairzed black iridium lens. So you see, they are actually two different lenses. The "Black Iridium" part just refers to the color of the coating used on the lens. But the base tint of each lens is entirely different.

right on bro!!! and welcome to the forum supermd2013!!

Welcome to the forum! You can here seeking answers and here you have found them. The world is in perfect harmony. :cool:

English is most likely not his native language, so you have to try to piece together what he means. In this case, I think he means the OO lens looks like it has a violet tint to it compare the the normal BI lens.

You answer me perfectly, You are the professional man on X-squared series.
Of course, you also do a right judgment, my native language is Chinese, live in Beijing.
Hi all guys, Have a nice day.
Thank you again for your real help.

Ask one more question, i see the 006011-06 type named as polarized x squared, this type lens color is described as Black Iridium in some website,and the lens color006011-08 is Black Iridium Polarized, plus polarized word compare to black iridium, and I also check other websites ,the lens color of this model is described as polarized black iridium, now I confused about the lens, the model006011-06 have the polarized function or not in the end?

i see your question, here is some info on google:

"The OO lens delivers a true color recognition not seen in many models of sunglasses, which take much of the color out of the view you see through the glasses. Oakley OO lenses push down the blue tones in the lens, which enables you to see other colors better when looking through OO sunglasses in certain environments such as bright sunlight. "

"00 It is slightly contrast enhancing (G40 base), whereas black iridium polarized is neutral(Grey base). After a few minutes your eyes adjust and you can't notice it. I consider them identical. "

Oakley X Squared Color:
Carbon/ Black Iridium 006011-01
Plasma/ Ice Iridium 006011-02
X-Metal/ Ruby Iridium 006011-03

Polarized:
Plasma/ Fire Iridium 006011-04
Polished/ VR28 Black Iridium 006011-05
Carbon/ Black Iridium 006011-06
Carbon/ 00 Black Iridium 006011-08

Ducati:
Carbon/ Black Iridium 006011-09

Welcome to the forum. Your English is much better than my Chinese. I only know one word, Tsingtao.

Status
Not open for further replies.