• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X-Squared Rx - Awesome or Lame?!

PWG

Oakley Enthusiast
I love the X-Squared frame. I have Juliets currently and have worn them essentially daily for about 6 years, and haven't tired of them. I've only worn frame-less Why 8 (titanium) Rx glasses, but looking for something totally different...enter XS.

Does anyone have any pics of themselves with XS with Rx lenses (clear, not Rx sunglasses) so I can get a feel for how these would look? I'd be making Rx photochromic lenses, and would be wearing them as all day glasses. I expect they may start to feel heavy, but haven't found that to be the case for long days with my Juliets. Any and all feedback, comments, and pics welcome. Thank you in advance!

Edit: My optometrist said that if these are BC 8.75, that would be 2 curves greater than my Rx, and even if they make them, I may not like the results....Hmm.... Maybe I should just get the XS to have as part of my collection anyway! I still may take a chance on the Rx; it's really impossible to know the results until they're actually made and I try them...

Last edited:
I'm not an expert on the topic, but @Chris A Hardaway may be of some help.... he's a rad dude and will shoot straight with ya. Good luck! :)

I'm not an expert on the topic, but @Chris A Hardaway may be of some help.... he's a rad dude and will shoot straight with ya. Good luck! :)

Send a copy Rx, but please be patient for my response.

@michael.saklad do you have a picture bro?

My apologies; for the life of me I couldn't find the Start Conversation option to PM you. Appreciate your time; it's not urgent, so I'll patiently await your response. Cheers.

upload_2017-5-24_21-30-45.png

My apologies; for the life of me I couldn't find the Start Conversation option to PM you. Appreciate your time; it's not urgent, so I'll patiently await your response. Cheers.

View attachment 342205
With digital lenses they can go up to -3.00 on this frame... Some frames now can go even higher, up to something like -5.00 or -6.00 with Oakley digital edge.

Your RX is fine!

Sweet! Is this something I can do directly with you? Do you take insurance? Happy to give you the business. That said, if it's more of a hassle, maybe once I have the frames in hand my local optometrist will see that it's all good.

With digital lenses they can go up to -3.00 on this frame... Some frames now can go even higher, up to something like -5.00 or -6.00 with Oakley digital edge.

When you say "they" do you mean Oakley? My optometrist usually sends them out the a VSP/EyeMed lab to manufacture; maybe they don't have the same tech as Oakley, if that's who you're referring to?

Oh, btw, I'm an optician, not an optometrist... I would only do this job directly through Oakley RX department. I would not personally trust a VSP lab with such a precious item...
You'll need to pm me for more information, but this would be handled as an out of network transaction if you carry VSP. If you have Eyemed or Blue View Vision I can do that in network and get you maximum discount! Pm me and I'll give you my work email. We run a busy practice, but do our best to get things done promptly, efficiently, and correctly.

Oh, btw, I'm an optician, not an optometrist... I would only do this job directly through Oakley RX department. I would not personally trust a VSP lab with such a precious item...
You'll need to pm me for more information, but this would be handled as an out of network transaction if you carry VSP. If you have Eyemed or Blue View Vision I can do that in network and get you maximum discount! Pm me and I'll give you my work email. We run a busy practice, but do our best to get things done promptly, efficiently, and correctly.

Thank you; will do. I believe I'm supposed to be able to click on your name and see an "Engage Conversation" option, but I don't see that. Sorry; newbie learning curve. Never had so much difficulty trying to PM someone in a forum before. I must be missing something....

Back