• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Split jacket w no name on left arm

KJFuerst

Oakley Beginner
Bought these sj off ebay got a good price. They seem to match all the markers except they dont aay split jacket on the left Arm. Just the serial. They came with 2 sets of lenses both are rx lenses oddly enough they are almost my rx. Ive looked loke crazy the past 10 hours and found not one pair that is like this and very few that are polished black. So whats the verdict?? Do i send these back or just try to get half my money back since the lenses are essentially unusable. I was under the impression that fake sj dont exist. The switchblocks are alot more sturdy feeling then the jawbreaker ones and they weigh 31.8g. Not sure if the rx lense makes them heavier. Or are these super rare and i lucked out?? Cuz they also do not fit great . Not like i thought they would. Thinking rj would have bee better call. Which they out blocks on the plazmas.

IMG_0065.jpeg

IMG_0068.jpeg

IMG_0069.jpeg

IMG_0063.jpeg

IMG_0058.jpeg

IMG_0059.jpeg

Seeing the 'o' embossed on the lower jaw, would usualy give me confidence in buying these. However, the missing 'split jacket' on the left arm would leave me asking questions.

On a more positive note to their authenticity, they do have an 'o' etched on the lens which is a good sign that they, at least, are genuine oakley precription lenses - and they wouldn't have come cheap.....

Seeing the 'o' embossed on the lower jaw, would usualy give me confidence in buying these. However, the missing 'split jacket' on the left arm would leave me asking questions.

On a more positive note to their authenticity, they do have an 'o' etched on the lens which is a good sign that they, at least, are genuine oakley precription lenses - and they wouldn't have come cheap.....
You know i just noticed the o on the lense. Yeah idk anyone who would get two pairs of rx lenses for a knockoff pair of glasses. But the lack of name ok the arm is extremely odd. As is the color, seller just offered me 50% of my money back. Thats is almost cheap enough to take the chance, they also fit the knockoff prism trail lenses fine. But the nose bridge seems too narrow. They are riding about as high as plazmas do but without the conpensation those provide for riding so high

Yeah the sku represents the same pair and everythibg it just doesnt have the name on the arm

Not uncommon. Lots of pairs didn’t have skus/name on the frame. Some never had them at all and some implemented them later during production. Think first gen MDs for example. I’m sure what you got there is legit

Back