• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

2nd Gen Frogskin Repair?

Thanks for the quick responses guys... thanks for the help @SoulfulFROG and thanks for the welcome @OakleyFrankFMJ :D

I had a scan on eBay and found these - eBay item number: 152060314627 (not 100% on the authenticity because that code is supposed to be Acid Pink) because the idea of swapping the legs for G3 sounded like a fairly simple solution... until i discovered the next problem.

Having never taken the legs off, I wasn't sure what to expect on the frame.. wasn't sure if there was a nub on the frame and one on the leg... but it turns out both nubs are on the frame, and I'm missing one on the frame, so even with new legs.. one side won't stay on. These may have to be consigned to the Oakley graveyard (unless @dr.chop has any suggestions when I contact him)

Because this is looking like a no win situation, I've had to console myself by ordering a pair of Alpine Bluebird Frogs :D

View attachment 241151 View attachment 241152
Dam brother that really sucks.. keep an eye on ebay I've seen the crystal reds pop up a couple times and keep that box it's killer to have on those awesome shades. I'd figure something out with you but I have the Gen 3 reds so I want the pair.

Honestly with the acid pink you wouldn't be happy with the color. Plus the white Oakley text on the crystal red makes them even nicer.

A dibs thread would be very handy @SoulfulFROG! Sorry for driving the price up, but like you, i really wanted them :( 130 AUD is still a good buy i think.

Thanks for the photos - perhaps because mine are clear, i didnt notice the poor fit, the black/white comparison really stands out.

Best of luck anyway Gazz.

Dam brother that really sucks.. keep an eye on ebay I've seen the crystal reds pop up a couple times and keep that box it's killer to have on those awesome shades. I'd figure something out with you but I have the Gen 3 reds so I want the pair.

Honestly with the acid pink you wouldn't be happy with the color. Plus the white Oakley text on the crystal red makes them even nicer.

Yeh, I agree! Thanks man :)

Best of luck anyway Gazz.

Thanks buddy, hoping the Alpine Bluebirds will cheer me up :)

Thanks for the quick responses guys... thanks for the help @SoulfulFROG and thanks for the welcome @OakleyFrankFMJ :D

I had a scan on eBay and found these - eBay item number: 152060314627 (not 100% on the authenticity because that code is supposed to be Acid Pink) because the idea of swapping the legs for G3 sounded like a fairly simple solution... until i discovered the next problem.

Having never taken the legs off, I wasn't sure what to expect on the frame.. wasn't sure if there was a nub on the frame and one on the leg... but it turns out both nubs are on the frame, and I'm missing one on the frame, so even with new legs.. one side won't stay on. These may have to be consigned to the Oakley graveyard (unless @dr.chop has any suggestions when I contact him)

Because this is looking like a no win situation, I've had to console myself by ordering a pair of Alpine Bluebird Frogs :D

View attachment 241151 View attachment 241152
my crystal/violets have done the exact same thing mate.

G3 absolutely do fit on G2, i put a G3 set of legs on my broken crystals, no problem.

And @SoulfulFROG , i was the one bidding against you on those crystal reds, good win. The guy selling them actually lived around the corner from my house, i nearly convinced him to take down the auction! hahaha
Be thankful you didn't get the pair from ebay we bidded on. Holy crap!!! I just got them today. Horrible to say the least. They are in the worst shape I've ever seen a pair of glasses. Lol. What a joke. Both arms have been broken and glued the same way these were. He also for some reason sanded off the Oakley emblems on the arms. The lenses look like a hockey rink after a playoff game and the frames have been put againsta belt sander. I've never had an issue with a pair before so I guess I'm lucky that way. These will 100% be going back. Wow.

Be thankful you didn't get the pair from ebay we bidded on. Holy crap!!! I just got them today. Horrible to say the least. They are in the worst shape I've ever seen a pair of glasses. Lol. What a joke. Both arms have been broken and glued the same way these were. He also for some reason sanded off the Oakley emblems on the arms. The lenses look like a hockey rink after a playoff game and the frames have been put againsta belt sander. I've never had an issue with a pair before so I guess I'm lucky that way. These will 100% be going back. Wow.

Oh man, I'm sorry to hear that.... it does make you wonder what some people do with their belongings!!!

Ohhh wow, sorry to hear! They looked really good in the photos, although the lack of white emblems did have me curious, i guess thats the answer.

Unlucky mate

Ohhh wow, sorry to hear! They looked really good in the photos, although the lack of white emblems did have me curious, i guess thats the answer.

Unlucky mate
It's all good the seller accepted a return and will issue a refund when he receives them.

Back