• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Another Ebay Nightmare

• Thread starter Deleted member 24
  • Start date
"little off topic" speaking of ebay, everyone remember, selling things over 250 make sure ship with signature confirmation. anything under that you just need a tracking number. Protect yourself from charge backs!!!!!

"little off topic" speaking of ebay, everyone remember, selling things over 250 make sure ship with signature confirmation. anything under that you just need a tracking number. Protect yourself from charge backs!!!!!

I don't know about the US but this recently changed in the UK, electronic confirmation is fine for all amounts now, no signature required.

How is something with a crack "New other" and not either "pre-owned" or "new with defects"?

This is how I have handled things and the consequences: I sold a set of pro-m frames that were new - white with orange earsocks. I bought them new and never wore them. The buyer stated that the earsocks showed evidence of wear so he wanted a refund. I gave him a refund immediately and told him if he shipped them back I'd cover his shipping cost. They get back to me, I wipe the lint off of the earsocks (rolling eyes at this point), and sent him five bucks for shipping. He left me positive feedback. All in all I lost $15 in shipping and fees that I didn't dispute, but saved myself all kinds of stress. Sometimes it's just worth it to roll with the silliness.

How is something with a crack "New other" and not either "pre-owned" or "new with defects"?

This is how I have handled things and the consequences: I sold a set of pro-m frames that were new - white with orange earsocks. I bought them new and never wore them. The buyer stated that the earsocks showed evidence of wear so he wanted a refund. I gave him a refund immediately and told him if he shipped them back I'd cover his shipping cost. They get back to me, I wipe the lint off of the earsocks (rolling eyes at this point), and sent him five bucks for shipping. He left me positive feedback. All in all I lost $15 in shipping and fees that I didn't dispute, but saved myself all kinds of stress. Sometimes it's just worth it to roll with the silliness.

Its new other because that is what it is....new with defects was not an option. The item was brand new, i bought it and it was damaged in shipment. The part was brand new and never used but there was additional info. It says "new other (see details)". He didnt read the details. As for rolling with the silliness, that is a prime example of being a "sheeple" dont wanna cause any waves so ill take it with no lube, no thanks. I did what was right, fair and trutworthy and im not going to be bullied into giving in to the idiots. Stand up for whats right, even if u stand alone (as mom would say)!

Its new other because that is what it is....new with defects was not an option. The item was brand new, i bought it and it was damaged in shipment. The part was brand new and never used but there was additional info. It says "new other (see details)". He didnt read the details. As for rolling with the silliness, that is a prime example of being a "sheeple" dont wanna cause any waves so ill take it with no lube, no thanks. I did what was right, fair and trutworthy and im not going to be bullied into giving in to the idiots. Stand up for whats right, even if u stand alone (as mom would say)!

Why did you buy Honda lights for your Corvette in the first place?

Called again spoketo supervisor, they haveescalated the claim to the ebay abuse team (rolls eyes) and will attempt to see if they can remove feedback due to buyer abusing the feedback system. Well see how it turns out.

I'm almost positive when they've realized how much business you've done with them, they'll honor your request. Why bite the hand that feeds you, right? GL!

Back