• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Anyone else hate vented lenses ?

I'm not a fan of the vented lenses. I don't do any cycling or the sort, so have no need for it. I understand why they'd have them as an option, but to make only vented lenses for Racing Jacket & Jawbreaker makes no sense to me. Impractical and a turn off for large segment of the market.

They didn't start that way as Jawbones, they had plenty of non vented lenses. I agree it would be nice if they had continued offering them after the name change however...

The more the merrier. I think naming the lenses things like "baseball" and "golf" was the mistake, instead of marketing the technology directly to color maps.

But then again, they've been trying to categorize lenses for consumers to take the guesswork out of choosing for a specific activity and I don't know how well it's been working for them. It certainly feels to me as if they're 'dumbing down' things a bit. But hey, I like things complex.
the only problem I have is that it was designed for cyclists needs, and not for golfers and baseball players. The features that make it great for cyclists, don't help ball players and golfers, and might actually hinder their performance, and could turn those people away from Oakley because they had a poor experience with the product.

I have a handful of non vented Jawbone lenses. I like those too for the highspeed stuff. I keep a pair of clears in my pack In case shït happens and Im coming home in the dark

Man, only cyclists like myself would understand and appreciate the need. maybe those who play sports in general except for boring golf (yeah I said it).

Mind you I wore Frogskins all cycling season last year even on races. No problems with fogging since it's too open. I'll all "bidness" this year so the Jawbreakers are a must.

Hate is a strong word. I like the way that the non vented lenses look better when I wear them but for functionality for my radarlock for all the sports I play having a vented lens or 2 are must have.

The new vented lenses are much better than Radarlocks/Radars. If the new vented lenses bother you, maybe you shouldn't be wearing a performance style for fashion reasons.

The new vents are well placed visually, and function quite well.

Agreed. The jawbreaker in paticular have a great look. The radar ev look a little too.much like vented ski/snowboard goggles to me though.

The new vented lenses are much better than Radarlocks/Radars. If the new vented lenses bother you, maybe you shouldn't be wearing a performance style for fashion reasons.

The new vents are well placed visually, and function quite well.

like 90% of Oakley users......;)

I never really noticed them with M Frames and Radars. I haven't had anything else vented.

Do you wear the glasses against your head or slightly down your nose?
slightly down my nose, plenty of air flow, don´t need no stinking holes in my expensive lenses......lol

Back