• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Anyone Ever Consider Selling It All?

AngelAir

I should Work at Oakley
Cottontown TN
I've really gotten frustrated lately with my collection and I'm seriously considering selling it all. I'm tired of always looking for the next addition and prices are outta control. I've accepted some pieces are just almost unobtainable and it's not getting any better. Having a crappy day and voicing thoughts that have been in my head for a few days.

Anyone else ever feel that way??

Something always pops up. Makes it worth it, sometimes you may have to make two or three deals to make it happen but it does, all about patience and perseverance i suppose.

I thought i would never get a c6ix, way too expensive, bugged a member here who had it listed for $1350 i think, and was already over extending myself by offering him $1200 for it. He politely declined, several times. I just put it out of my head wanting one but also kept an eye out for the off chance someone would sell it for my price point. Then Bam! $1050 on ebay. I got it, figured I still didn't like it, so traded it for a 3digit serial plasma r1 and xxplasma both complete and mint. This is after i told myself my Romeo hoarding had reached 12 r1's.

So, just wait! And enjoy the hunt when it comes.

I believe it is always better to put everything away, back into the boxes. Put it in another room and do not look at it nor think about it for some time. If you think it is hard and frustrating now, just imagine trying to rebuild what you've sold when you regret it.

I have chimed in on several of these types of threads. We all come to some point like this in every aspect of our life. The difference here is to enjoy your collecting hobby, but don't let the hobby collect or rather I say consume you. All to often members come on here either with deep pockets or just making ends meet and buy, buy, buy till its no longer fun. At that point they ask themselves where do I go from here, what's the next hard to get item, this isn't really fun any more and get bored.

I am sure many of us have collected stuff in the past and then we got burned out on it. Don't let the hobby run you. Who cares whether you have 10 Ichiro frames with serial matched boxes. At the end of the day it doesn't matter.

Latest Posts

Back