• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Anyone fly drones?

Yeah I can see where they would be an issue if you lived in town. I live in the country in a small town so mostly I fly out over the woods. I did fly it from my house to the school today to see my son at football practice. It was funny because he came running in the house and said "Oh I thought I'd beat you home" I asked what he was talking about and he said when he came out of the school after dressing there was drone flying around. Wasn't mine.

@OakleyFrankFMJ where did you see the carbon fiber drone? Was it a DJI?
It's not all Carbon Fiber.....but cool as ****..... I think I want this one ..... but I'm waiting on purchasing a badass drone. Yes....from DJI.

Inspire 1 - Everything you need for aerial filmmaking | DJI

Here is the link.

So strange to see this post here. It is one of my many other other addictions. I have been flying a FPV'd GoPro equipped Phantom 2 for over a year. I have 3 of them, one is still new in box to replace the one that will eventually end up in the Pacific.

Same here, started with helicopters and moved over to drones due to payload.

Thats a nice machine. As soon as the Sheriffs dept here gets it back from repair I will be training them on how to fly it. They hit a telephone pole on their first try.
I'm guessing they just figured turn it on and go? ZERO experience with flying anything? What do they care anyway as it's not their money. ;)

That specific machine? Just curious cause I'm liking it. :)

I'm guessing they just figured turn it on and go? ZERO experience with flying anything? What do they care anyway as it's not their money. ;)

That specific machine? Just curious cause I'm liking it. :)
Yes the Inspire 1 with the 2 controller option. One controller flys it, the other is for camera operator. I told them I would help them out but they got impatient. I am planning on a custom paint of the shell with the text and star graphics to match their helicopter. I am also doing an aerial video next week of the sheriffs office and one of the planned shots will be taking off on the helipad.

Yes the Inspire 1 with the 2 controller option. One controller flys it, the other is for camera operator. I told them I would help them out but they got impatient. I am planning on a custom paint of the shell with the text and star graphics to match their helicopter. I am also doing an aerial video next week of the sheriffs office and one of the planned shots will be taking off on the helipad.
Very very very coooooooooooooooool.

If you choose to do so.....one controller can do everything though?

It's not all Carbon Fiber.....but cool as ****..... I think I want this one ..... but I'm waiting on purchasing a badass drone. Yes....from DJI.

Inspire 1 - Everything you need for aerial filmmaking | DJI

Here is the link.

Quite interesting... impressive specs, too...

But what happens if it gets out of range of the transmitter? Transmitter range is 2km / 1.25 miles, with unobstructed view. With a top speed of almost 50 mph (22m/s), it could be out of range in less than two minutes...

And the max altitude is 4500m, which is almost three miles, more that twice the transmitter range; you could get out of range going straight up...

Quite interesting... impressive specs, too...

But what happens if it gets out of range of the transmitter? Transmitter range is 2km / 1.25 miles, with unobstructed view. With a top speed of almost 50 mph (22m/s), it could be out of range in less than two minutes...

And the max altitude is 4500m, which is almost three miles, more that twice the transmitter range; you could get out of range going straight up...
That is very interesting......maybe the straight up range is longer then the other type of range? :p

that's what she said? :rofl:

Back