• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Anyone have experience with Prescription Oakley glasses?

I wear the Tailspin when I pop Ye Old Contacts out. Its one of the lower (or cheapest) pair you can get I think. Love em.

My daily Rx wear for almost the past decade has been a pair of Jackknife 4.0s. I have terrible eyesight & I like the half frame as it reduces overall weight due to my needing the world's phattest lenses. :shock:

Apart from the pewter finish wearing off (it's now a half-polished frame haha) & the ear socks being changed to go-fast red (the old ones split) they've been fairly indestructible despite numerous drops.

31779824004_e959bc363e_k.jpg

The problem I had was through my clumsiness and a pair of RX Nanowire 2.0. Woke up the next day after having some beers the night before, when Bailey (the pet dog) wanted to go for a walk. Got out of bed and heard a crunch under my feet........bye-bye lenses.
Apart from this experience with RX's, I've a pair of Michael Jordan 00 wires, 05 W-Wires, Split Thread, Nanowire 2.0s , Plank and Overlords. The only thing being how fiddly it is to tighen the screws on the glasses.

Back