• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Artist Series

How can you count out the peterson but count the withdrawn Flores? Those are even less "available" and you still count those. Just because they're hard to get and expensive doesn't mean they don't count. Come on guys

For me it has nothing to do with the fact that they are hard to get. It is the fact that Oakley lists what is and is not an artist series and they were not listed as artist series. They were just glasses painted by an artist.

Andrew Petterson is an artist who hand painted and numbered 50 Frogskins that were officially issued and sold in 25 stores, each selling 2 pairs covered with a black bag so the buyer could not identify the specific pair, each selling for $350. Although all 50 are different art, any one is a Petterson, so to have one only is enough to say you have it. Nobody will ever own every pair, and even Tmsnewberry with 4 pairs probably has the biggest individual collection of them. The debate could continue as to 'it is or it is not' an artists series piece, but should not be excluded from the collection based on there being only 50 or that each pair is individually different. It could be considered that if this counts as an artists piece, it is the most esoteric of them all.

I do not subscribe to them being a part of the as because they are all one offs, but its truly a matter of opinion.

If that were the case, you would need both chantrys also polished and the matte. However, since the polished was never a true release, i dont consider it or the koziks with pos red iridium.

For me it has nothing to do with the fact that they are hard to get. It is the fact that Oakley lists what is and is not an artist series and they were not listed as artist series. They were just glasses painted by an artist.

What he said....otherwise ud need one of all the handpainted sunglasses at night event pairs also...the petersons are clearly not the same thing as the artist release....

If any more confirmation is needed, dann the man at or feels the same way lol...sorry dann had to throw u out there.

I own 4 of the pettersons as romeo stated; however, I truthfully do not consider them part of the artist series and thats from some one who owns 4 of them. The artist series I believe are limited to the 17 pair Bapd mentioned. My pettersons are in a a display case away from my artist series are just kept with other frogskins I just consider them the ultimate pair of frogskins and that is all. I currently have all except the naomi south im just lazy and havnt felt like buying even though the are pretty easy to get and cheapily to get at that.

If you are trying to be a person who has to have every pair possible in the series you would then have to go after some of the variations in the pairs such as the "two bird" todd francis eye patch and the "gunmetal" and the "orange" icon brown flores.

In my opinion you just have to have all 17 with the inidvidual skus to complete the series, not the variations as they are still the same as its counterpart sku.

Just a thought I suppose....

You are correct, the Petterson Frogskins were glasses painted by an artist, however, if you check this you will find that Oakley themselves state "HAND-CRAFTED ARTISTS SERIES FROGSKINS", with reference to the 50 pair Petterson release. HAND-CRAFTED ARTIST SERIES FROGSKINS®.

You are correct, the Petterson Frogskins were glasses painted by an artist, however, if you check this you will find that Oakley themselves state "HAND-CRAFTED ARTISTS SERIES FROGSKINS", with reference to the 50 pair Petterson release. HAND-CRAFTED ARTIST SERIES FROGSKINS®.

As big of a douche as that guy looks, theres no way he should be part of the artist series lol.

The foose gascan was also originally marketed as an artist series too.

As big of a douche as that guy looks, theres no way he should be part of the artist series lol.

The foose gascan was also originally marketed as an artist series too.

I just about fell out of my chair because of this comment... Lol

Back