• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Badman and Madman

Is there a thread about the lens tints?

I haven't seen much in regards to lens tints. The biggest complaint I'm seeing across the board is the orbitals scraping off the finish. I'm pondering if I should commission someone to media-blast my frames and anodize them with a specific color rather than this finish from the factory. I'll post pics of my Madmans' current situation once my phone recharges.

IMG_20150309_164145.jpg
IMG_20150309_164253.jpg
IMG_20150309_164334.jpg

Here's my Madmans as they are today. Not sure what can be done to get this repaired besides honoring Oakley's warranty and getting them refinished.

Good luck...badmans/madmans are a big fail!!

I wouldn't call them a fail. It seems like everything BUT the finish on the frames is top-notch. And I certainly have had worse Oakley fails than this. I'll likely relegate these to rare uses to keep them in decent shape for the future.

I've already seen threads of people in here stripping the finish off the frames to bare metal. But riddle me this: What does that do to the longevity of the materials? I know it's an aluminium/magnesium/whatever alloy, but aren't these kinds of metals resistant to rust?

I could not feel this when i had one pair of badmans in mi hands.."Building on the legacy of our original X Metal® Collection, our design and engineering teams obsessed over every detail, from joint assembly and frame curvature, to the material science that fuses aluminum with O Matter®. Years of effort, hundreds of revisions, and inspired design has resulted in a product collection that truly stands alone"