• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Best Formal Oakleys? Something To Suit Up With

Cant forget the x metals. They work well.
524325_3918810213246_1369253030_33443391_408939472_n.jpg

Opinion time folks, what Oakleys were made to be worn with suits, this is one thing the Monster Dog cannot handle

Maybe it's the suit that can't handle the 'Dogs.
:cool-20:

For uniform dress, the SI Square Wire 2.0s (wore these to a fallen firefighter's funeral---great for keeping out the sun and hiding the tears of a fallen brother).
The last time I had a FFF funeral (and I hope it's the LAST), I wore 00 E wire Jordan, platinum/leather gold, but have since acquired a Square Wire 2.0 black chrome/G30 that would have worked too.
Steady, Brother...

I go with the Crosshair 2.0. I have the ice lens. They go great with the blue or black suit. Occasionally I'll sport my Juliets.

i have worn:
Crosshair 2012 Matte Black w BIP
Crooshair 2.0 Black w BI lenses

I would wear:
Pit Boss - Polished Black & VR28 Pol
Tincan - Tungsten & Tungsten Iridium (with a brown suit instead of black suit)
Tincan - Carbon Fiber

If its formal but i also want to be a Baller then:
X Squared - Carbon Polished Frame w Custom 24K Gold Irid Polarized lenses (with Patent Black & Gold Jordans)

+1 on the Deviation. It's the only Oakley style I have, and will probably need for the time being. While I've always been a fan of Oakleys for athletic use, I find much of their styles a bit too over the top for everyday wear, especially when you're wearing a suit.

Of course there are the Plaintiffs, Inmates and whatnot, but I especially chose the Deviation because of the square shape, which contrasts nicely with my round face.

My only hangup with my particular pair is that they didn't come with polarized lenses.

Carbon Juliets (with BI or BIP), BIP Square Wires or OO BIP Taper. I try to avoid flashy lenses at funerals, but otherwise Juliets with Ruby or Ice are doable :cool:

Back