• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Best lens for golf??

Birdie_binge

Oakley Beginner
Looking to get new lenses for golf...like the idea of a rose base to lighten things up a bit. Any thoughts? Prizm golf, OO black iridium, prizm road, Prizm trail...any opinions out there open for suggestions just want something clean and crisp out there that won't make greens look weird.

Thanks!!!

Prizm golf or g30 irid. However out golfers dislike prizm golf as they're super red when looked through and actually prefer g30.

Also, from what I've heard you don't want polarised lenses as they can't help you read the terrain depth properly.

Take my advice with a grain of salt - I'm no golfer and I only relay 2nd hand info from golfers. I only know I hate prizm golf because it's too red vs g30

I play golf and used to wear G30. Now I wear Prizm Golf. I find it does exactly what it is supposed to - enhances the greens.

The one slight downside is when it is very very sunny the tint isn't dark enough for my liking and then I wear Prizm Daily.

Neil

Prizm golf or g30 irid. However out golfers dislike prizm golf as they're super red when looked through and actually prefer g30.

Also, from what I've heard you don't want polarised lenses as they can't help you read the terrain depth properly.

Take my advice with a grain of salt - I'm no golfer and I only relay 2nd hand info from golfers. I only know I hate prizm golf because it's too red vs g30
Thanks a lot :)

Thank you all for the replies! Was looking at maybe the OO black iridium on sunny days and either prizm road/prizm golf/ or oo red iridium for darker days....currently I use g30 and vr28 RX lenses

I play golf and used to wear G30. Now I wear Prizm Golf. I find it does exactly what it is supposed to - enhances the greens.

The one slight downside is when it is very very sunny the tint isn't dark enough for my liking and then I wear Prizm Daily.

Neil

I'm with my man Neil here, Golf PRIZM is a great lens and the gradient or whatever it is at the top of the lens that makes greens (the colors, not the area near the pin) POP is awesome.

I do find it to be very light, so I usually wear a visor or a hat with them to block out direct sunlight. I would like to find a darker lens that performs similarly but I'd rather have the great golf functionality of Golf PRIZM.

What Golf Prizm does to enhance grass is spectacular. And they're not that much pinker to link through than G30, certainly not out and out red.

Back