• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Blackhawk Down

i for one actually sold mine for a lot less, but it differs from one person to the other i guess. sold them to a member here, at my cost. =)

I have 2 pair of the 1st Gen Ruby X-metals....One is still sealed in the box...Its honestly my favorite pair of Oakley's of all time... they got me into this whole mess..lol

When I bought mine they cost me 195 quid first time round, then I lost those and the next pair, although a higher serial no., I swapped over the lenses for ones which I bought on eBay(for 107 quid...$171...ouch!). You have to be on the ball because of their popularity.

DSCF4684.jpg

X_MetalJuliets_Ruby.jpg

DSCF4727.jpg

600.00.......i think ill make my own out of my juliets,its those early rubys that will take time though.

600.00.......i think ill make my own out of my juliets,its those early rubys that will take time though.

Honestly, the so called orange looking ruby lenses look pretty nice as well. If you managed to get hold of a really deep red ruby, you'll probably be stressing out about scratching it.

If you want something for display, those aftermarket ones look really nice and red. Don't know about the optical quality though.

dont know if it was a good price or not but i just picked one up for £200 ($320), serial X020233, no box or coin but did have a soft vault, the nose-bridge was very loose but otherwise frame is in pretty good condition and the lenses are good apart from one minor scuff, would post a pic but its already on the way to Oakley for a service.

i know i can match the finish with blasting,ill try vl or linegear for rubys.even if i found real ones im not sure id even wear em.

i know i can match the finish with blasting,ill try vl or linegear for rubys.even if i found real ones im not sure id even wear em.

Blasting the frame?

My x serial Juliets look a little darker than the new xmetal coloured Juliets i bougt, but I sorta attributed it to oxidation. After all I purchased it 10 years ago.

Back