• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Buying Items For Trade Bait

I agree with atty to a point. If you've gotta do some leg work to make something happen or help someone out, its reasonable to expect some form of compensation. Otherwise people tend take advantage of it.

Ex: Beancooker was cool getting that xx for me, but before he even agreed I offered compensation for his time/fuel/etc. I just expect that as part of the deal and expect it in return.

But of course there are exceptions to every rule

I agree with atty to a point. If you've gotta do some leg work to make something happen or help someone out, its reasonable to expect some form of compensation. Otherwise people tend take advantage of it.

Ex: Beancooker was cool getting that xx for me, but before he even agreed I offered compensation for his time/fuel/etc. I just expect that as part of the deal and expect it in return.

But of course there are exceptions to every rule
I gave atrain gas and owe him one so I try to compensate

I gave atrain gas and owe him one so I try to compensate
I have full respect for that. It seems to me as if some people are not quite understanding my question- which is my fault for not wording it properly. My question basically was is buying items to trade ok to do? Like I've said in previous posts I'm not in this to make more money than what I pay for an item. I do understand that it's a kind of "I scratch your back and you scratch mine" situation. My question was soley based on wether or not it is ok to do.

I have full respect for that. It seems to me as if some people are not quite understanding my question- which is my fault for not wording it properly. My question basically was is buying items to trade ok to do? Like I've said in previous posts I'm not in this to make more money than what I pay for an item. I do understand that it's a kind of "I scratch your back and you scratch mine" situation. My question was soley based on wether or not it is ok to do.
I dont think thats a problem. Its when u try and guage a member people have a issue with

if you are asking if it is ok to buy a rare or regional specific item with the sole intention of trading it off to get something you desire i don't see an issue

some people are talking about if you buy said rare item and then sell it with a mark up which is a completly diffrent issue

gouge* lol

I don't see why it wouldnt be. People here know what stuff is worth and if you're way off in either price or trades, it just won't move.

Latest Posts

Back