• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Can someone tell me about this serial number?

TheButteryNarwhal

Oakley Enthusiast
Hi,
I'm not sure what I'm looking at here: w010105a

I looked it up in the serial list but I don't understand what, "W###### Warranty X-Metal" means. If someone could help me out, I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks,
Nar

It is exactly as you've said, a warranty serial number. This is a pair sent out as replacement during the days of serialised Juliets, up to 2004 and is a second generation pair with the 'A' suffix.

The hash's ###### simply denote any series of numbers following the W. If you'd sent your original pair into Oakley for a service/issue and they couldn't resolve it, you would have been issued thisbpair as a direct replacement under warranty.

Value depends on various factors, including the condition of the frame and lenses, plus whether the frame requires tightening up on the nose bridge etc which will detract from the total of it's necessary. The W serials are definitely thinner on the ground than most regular serials, and to a collector it may slightly increase it's popularity, so all in good order without requiring a tune up service, you may be looking at slightly upward of £200 in the UK or 300-350 USD

Back