1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. TheButteryNarwhal

TheButteryNarwhal Oakley Enthusiast

Hi,
    I'm not sure what I'm looking at here: w010105a

I looked it up in the serial list but I don't understand what, "W###### Warranty X-Metal" means. If someone could help me out, I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks,
    Nar

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. discostu

discostu Oakley Expert Premium Member

It is exactly as you've said, a warranty serial number. This is a pair sent out as replacement during the days of serialised Juliets, up to 2004 and is a second generation pair with the 'A' suffix.

3. discostu

The hash's ###### simply denote any series of numbers following the W. If you'd sent your original pair into Oakley for a service/issue and they couldn't resolve it, you would have been issued thisbpair as a direct replacement under warranty.

4. TheButteryNarwhal

Oh... Thank you very much!

Do you have any idea how much a pair might be worth that is in pretty good condition?

Thanks,
    Nar

5. discostu

Value depends on various factors, including the condition of the frame and lenses, plus whether the frame requires tightening up on the nose bridge etc which will detract from the total of it's necessary. The W serials are definitely thinner on the ground than most regular serials, and to a collector it may slightly increase it's popularity, so all in good order without requiring a tune up service, you may be looking at slightly upward of £200 in the UK or 300-350 USD

TheButteryNarwhal likes this.
  6. TheButteryNarwhal

Thank you, discotu. You've been very helpful!

discostu likes this.
  7. discostu

No problem at all pal :)