• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Carbon Blades

Nice frame and color ways. Not a fan of the nose pads though, I would prefer a nice set of squishy, unobtainium nose bombs.

I actually agree totally on the nosepads. That was one of the things when I tried on the prototypes way back when that were incomplete so the regular ones were on to at least have something. Was hoping they would have changed especially for the price point, but we can win em all.

I actually agree totally on the nosepads. That was one of the things when I tried on the prototypes way back when that were incomplete so the regular ones were on to at least have something. Was hoping they would have changed especially for the price point, but we can win em all.
Are the lenses held like the original Half Jacket or are they non-removable (directly) as far as you could tell?

Are the lenses held like the original Half Jacket or are they non-removable (directly) as far as you could tell?

As far as I could tell, they are held in by pressure on nose bridge (tabbed like half, flak, fast) and a screw on the temple side similar to the older Icepick style if I remember right. This is also going off of a prototype glass so things may very well have changed since I tried them on.

Maybe im missing something.. but what makes these ugly things worth 350-$500 when you can get pit bosses for that price range?
They are real carbon fiber, not just a carbon fiber print. Still priced somewhat high IMO, but that's the reason.

I actually like the streamline look of them. Very Current. Why do another throwback??? That is tired!!
Now the price seems a bit high. The look...........I like!!

Back