• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Case Revits

cubangt

Oakley Beginner
We have the double wide case and there are 2 rivets that are very lose and im sure if anyone keeps playing with them, they will eventually pop out, Does anyone know where we can get them to just go ahead and replace them?

can you post a picture or describe a little better I may be able to help.

We know that they are aircraft solid rivets, but cant find any with similar finish.. the one on the right that is the back side, is the ones we are looking for, the one on the left is the full length one that supports the shelf.
If there is a resource for these, it would be great..

img_20135.jpg

Sorry to get your hopes up but no I can't get them from what I found out is not so much the rivet but the tool that fits them that is super expensive good luck and don't forget to post any results you do get.

Do you mind posting or telling me what you had leads on? How expensive is the tool? Did you have sources for rivets, just not these types?

Hi yes no problem I have a local company that I took my case to I have been buying from him for years direct bearings he said he can get the rivets in bulk but the tool to fit them will be several hundred pounds so as it was only a loose rivet I injected some two pack glue round the rivet and that solved the problem it was never going to fall out he this helps.

Can you PM me contact info if you don't mind, I'd like to see what the cost is for a bulk order would be. And when you say several hundred pounds, are you referring to weight or cost?
thank you.

Hi yes I will get the info on Monday and post here for you but yes that is the cost

I'm waiting on the shipment of some rivets that dimentially are very close. Once they get here, I will post up what the source and p/n is. The rivet setter for these solid rivets is expensive. If you were to find or make a forming block that is similar to the rivet head design, you would be able to use an air hammer to retighten the rivets from the backside. I'm planning on making the rivets like the ones on the case that are threaded. I'll post up a how-to when I get it all figured out.

Back