• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Conductor 8 with image shift

AntisD

Oakley Beginner
Hello

I yust got a new pair of Oakley conductor 8 as a present from my gf, she bught them on a trip in germany.

The problem is they hawe a small image shift to top right, and since they were bought in another country its almost imposible to go there to exchange them.

So is it possible to somehow fix that, maybe yust lens repositioning or something like that??

Thnx

P.S. Sorry for my bad english :)

Is it happening for one lens or both? If it's one lens then it may not be installed correctly and cause image distortions.

Some close up pics would help

The left lens nahwe a image shift of arround 2 mm ... and the right one only a .5 or even less

Here are some closeup pics

20150713_184630.jpg
20150713_184708.jpg
20150713_184720.jpg
20150713_184737.jpg
20150713_184752.jpg
20150713_184808.jpg

hmmm i don't see any glaring problems with the frame or the lens. If the lenses are seated correctly in the rims and you bought the pair from a genuine Oakley dealer then the other possible explanation is your frame may have been out of shape. Top view shows the frame a bit flatter than what i'd recall. To my recollection, the conductor 8 is meant to be more wrapped than that. I don't have a frame to compare so maybe someone else can verify.

About the original oakley shop Im not shure since I didnt bought them myself and my gf isnt shure either. Cant check it since she didnt want me to find the bill so she dont hawe it.

But after I tryed to move the left lens, it looks like it isnt seated properly, I mean that I can move it alitleback and forth.

Also, if I try to look in diferent angles, its always the same shift.

Now Im starting to wonder if they are fakes maybe, but couldnt find a fake pair anywhere on net to order

Can you take a picture and show the effect of the 'image shift'? eg. hold up your conductor to a grid paper or anything that as a few straight lines and take a photo from behind the conductor as if you're wearing it.

Here are two photos of the distortion Im speaking about

The horizontal lines are fine, but on vertical ones there is a shift when Im wearing them. I can maybe go to a local optic nearby to try to reposition the lenses since the left one is a bit loose??

20150715_144623.jpg

20150715_144644.jpg

if you're talking about the image shift I highlighted in the picture attached, then that's normal provided the vertical wall in your lens shifts from left to right as you rotate the glasses in front of you.

Given you mentioned your lens wasn't seated properly and rattles a bit, that doesn't sound right to me especially for a new pair of wire frames. I suggest you take it to a local Oakley store and get them to check out your concerns.

conductor8.jpg

Latest Posts

Back