1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. SpliceD

SpliceD B-)

So i was messing around with the customization options with the Juliets and i noticed the lens options say Black Iridium w/ Oleo or Ice Iridium w/ Oleo.

What the heck is "Oleo"?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. OBlazer

OBlazer Oakley Enthusiast

I dont have a confirmed answer, but Just judging by the search results when you type "Oleo" into the search bar on oakley.com (1st: Nanoclear. The rest: Sports or active pairs with the hydrophobic coat standard) I have a feeling that it has something to do with the Hydrophobic coating on the lenses....

3. Typhoon

Typhoon Oakley Enthusiast

Its an Oleophobic coating that repels oils so less likely to show up fingerprints. Smartphone screens have then.

4. reswob

reswob Oakley Beginner

It's the hydrophobic coating. You may want to call and ask if it's a permanent coating though. Although most pages of the Oakley and USSI website still advertise a permanent hydrophobic coating on the 'sport' lenses, they recently stopped applying the coating at the factory, and instead ship some glasses with an utterly useless nanoclear mini pen.

5. the piper

the piper Oakley Collector

margarine

6. SpliceD

SpliceD B-)

LOL, ok smartass :lol:

7. SpliceD

SpliceD B-)

So it's just the Hydrophobic coating? But why would they call it "Hydrophobic" on other models and only use the term "Oleo" on Juliet. I just thought it was strange.

8. ucdavis4PT0gpa

ucdavis4PT0gpa THE BEST IS YET TO COME

The terms are being used interchangably by the company (some product pages say "Hydrophobic/Oleophobic"). One of course means "water phobic" the other "oil phobic"...same result with the same product (the Hydrophobic coatings and kits).

9. Razerwire

Razerwire And then there was X...

It's a Japanese Oreo!

10. Uluahunter

Uluahunter Oakley Collector

HAHAHAA! My wife wouldn't find the humor in that...and she's from Japan! I'm a simpleton, it's easy to humor me! LOL!!!