• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Sold Custom Lenses

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
That I don't know, but next time I speak with him, I'll let you know.

I have some pics of his ruby clear in my collection thread.

Some people reacted to this post.
That I don't know, but next time I speak with him, I'll let you know.

Here's ruby clear, but I know these are plastic that he sent me as a sample, not polycarb

Pic didn't show up for me, I'll check your collection thread. Would you estimate his ruby clear to be similar light transmission to Oakley? Somewhere in the 90's?

Username Hidden said:
Pic didn't show up for me, I'll check your collection thread. Would you estimate his ruby clear to be similar light transmission to Oakley? Somewhere in the 90's?
Yea

Lenses are on the way to me. Will have them out to CONUS customers this week, will get shipping prices for everyone else this week as well and have them out monday. Thanks gents!

Username Hidden said:
I'll have an order for you in the near future, just waiting on a few more data points. Nothing personal whatsoever. I've got way more ideas than Oakley ever offered for the XX from the factory.

Here's something else that has come up recently that maybe you can find out for me. Any idea if these lenses meet safety specs of any kind? I'm going to need some safety glasses pretty quickly, and I'm wondering how Ruby Clear would look (most likely awesome), if that's a color he can do, and if they'd offer similar/better/worse protection than OEM. Eye protection is something I can't BS on, so if you can find out that'd be great (for ruby clear as an option and safety vs Oakley).

He can do safety lenses in pretty much anything and stamp them with the safety standard so they will pass requirements. Said no problem. @jmaxime89

Last edited:
Also, probably going to put in an order for the second round. Let me know if you want it

Username Hidden said:
Also, probably going to put in an order for the second round. Let me know if you want it
I've got to wait until I at least get my first check from the new job. I should be able to find out for sure tomorrow if I have to wear a shield lens or if a split lens pair is OK for our safety guidelines.

Username Hidden said:
I've got to wait until I at least get my first check from the new job. I should be able to find out for sure tomorrow if I have to wear a shield lens or if a split lens pair is OK for our safety guidelines.
I can't imagine you'd be limited to shield lenses

Username Hidden said:
I can't imagine you'd be limited to shield lenses
The place is completely anal about safety. To the point that when you are hired you sign papers saying they have a 0% accident policy, and that if you have any that's grounds to be fired. The job pays well though and I'm all about not being killed while on the job, but they are pretty crazy about certain things. I don't see it being a problem but I'm also not going to be the guy who shows up with the wrong glasses and gets fired over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.