• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Custom Romeo 1 - Pics?

So many choices among Fast Jacket lenses. But it's difficult to visualize what they look like based on the drawings on oakley.com. For example, what's the difference between Black Iridium and OO Black Iridium?

So many choices among Fast Jacket lenses. But it's difficult to visualize what they look like based on the drawings on oakley.com. For example, what's the difference between Black Iridium and OO Black Iridium?

Black iridium is just a grey base color. OO black iridium is a rose colored base with the iridium coating on the outside. The outside color also appears a little reddish/brownish. I love the OO black iridium lens!

Black iridium is just a grey base color. OO black iridium is a rose colored base with the iridium coating on the outside. The outside color also appears a little reddish/brownish. I love the OO black iridium lens!

OO BIP is a g30 base. One of my favorite lenses.

They're etched with the word "Polarized" on the left lens, right? So can they still be cut for R1? Or will part of the etching be visible?

Yea they say polarized and I think only part of it would be left. That's why i don't have any cut :(

Although fast jacket Xl lenses may allow you to skirt by

These aren't actually mine, i took the pic from an ebay auction, not sure what lense they were cut from but they were advertised as custom cut from OEM blue iridium

8478979437_d25d37f5d2_z.jpg
. by Silent Oz, on Flickr

I like the purple in them, debating getting a set cut for my R1 if i can work out what lens they used for it
That left lens is hacked!! There is a clear cut line across the top, and flat spots across the bottom...

As for using M Frame, Radar, Goggle, etc, it is the end user's goal to achieve a specific look and only certain options are available in those donors...Would you prefer maybe a shotty aftermarket lens instead? This keeps on, and it's like beating a dead horse:deadhorse:..This curve, that donor...It is about the goal for the end result and using what is available that will fit that goal.

Attachments

• 8478979437_d25d37f5d2_z.jpg
    8478979437_d25d37f5d2_z.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 228
Thanks for checking in doc. My goal is to replace the scratched gold iridium with authentic Oakley lenses and if possible, with the correct curvature for R1. Q's glasses and the ones you cut for fishy both look great.