• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Custom Oakley Prescription Sunglasses?

rogerutley

Oakley Beginner
Can anyone tell me..Can I order customized progressive trifocals prescription Gascan's thru my eye doctor? Also can you get lens etched on prescription lenses?

@rogerutley
The answer you received is incorrect. Yes! Of course people can get "progressive" lenses made in a wide range of colors and RX for Gascan!
However trifocal with lines is not something Oakley does. The left lens with have an O engraved on it, not the word polarized, not anything else. The lenses if Oakley true digital, or Oakley true digital RX progressives also have your "add power" and "o" authenticity watermarks!
If you'd like more info you can always pm me with a copy of your RX!
Do you have a frame already, or would you be wanting a new one?

Are the frames for prescription lenses any different than a standard frame? In the same family, for example square wire 2014, OO 4075. Picked up a pair with prescription lenses in them, going to turn them into blue light specs for my computer use. They were used only cost me 40ish for the frame

Last edited:
The RX Frames of the oo4075 are exactly the same!

That sounds like a great price when retail is close to $200 for those guys now,

The RX Frames of the oo4075 are exactly the same!

That sounds like a great price when retail is close to $200 for those guys now,
Yeah I was hoping when I took the risk they were the same. OO4075-04 to be exact, carbon frame. $34.80 shipped to me. Cant wait to get this project underway of converting them a daily wear for behind the screens in O style as well as when out in the sun.

Nice... I think there used to be a "titanium square wire" and just FYI it looks the same, but lenses don't fit the same in that one

Very berry nice

Back