• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Dark Golf Progressive Lenses used for other than Golf

USofA1984

Oakley Beginner
I'm considering a buying the FLAK 2.0 XL with Dark Golf Progressive Lenses.

They will be used primarily for Golf.

But, I'd like to use them off the golf course as well, mainly for when I'm driving my car.

Will this lens work for that, or should I look at a different lens that will be good for Golfing, and Driving?

I understand I can swap lenses out, but the cost of Prescription Progressive Lenses make's that outside my budget.

Thank you,
SJ

It'll depend on how sensitive you are to bright light. Per Oakley, Dark Golf is a "Medium Light" lens tint.

For me, Dark Golf isn't dark enough for stuff like driving. Dark golf runs 22% VLT, which is on the lighter side of thier range. As an example, ALL the "Everyday" Prizm tints (Ruby, Jade, Sapphire, 24k, Black ect ect.) are a lower Visible Light Transmission level than Dark golf. Starting at 17% for ruby and going down to 11% for 24k.

You can give it a shot but I think, unless you live in a cloudy area, Dark golf wont cut it for stuff like driving.

I really like dark golf as an all-encompassing utility lens. I think my eyes are pretty sensitive to bright light and I can tolerate prizm dark golf in almost all conditions except being in bright light ALL DAY or driving directly into the sun. I’d recommend that lens, it is awesome.

Back