• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Cutting Lenses - What Works

Yeah, all x-metals except R2 can be cut from BT. Too bad they were discontinued...

(and actually I think the miracle R2 cuts salj838 was doing were from BT, too, but I might be misremembering...)
yep big taco but turned so non polar only.

Thanks Brian,
I just have a lot of lenses so I figured I could help a cutter save...and make more $$$
Win win

Remember for Hand cutting only Q's list is a good one to go off of. For me using a optical lens cutting machine I can use most lenses from a 5 to a 8.75 curvature for X-Metals and others and the cut is just fine. 5 is pushing it for the looks only. Flatter the curve, the flatter it will look. I could cut a 2 for the X-Metals, but it would not look attractive. Cut plenty of Radar 5 lenses for them. Just so information that is put out, people understand what is being talked about. It is NOT suggested for hand cutters to cut anything other than the same correct curvature for a frame, they will likely undersize the lens and if not, when the lens us put into the wrap of the orbital the flexing will have specific spots all the pressure is put on and that can distort the optical qualities, even if unseen with the naked eye. With a optical cutting machine, our OD is the same with no pressure points so when curved the whole OD takes the pressure instead of one spot. Hope this adds to the discussion.

Does anyone know where to get lenses cut to fit Jupiter Factory Lite Carbon Oakleys? They were discontinued in 2013..

Does anyone know where to get lenses cut to fit Jupiter Factory Lite Carbon Oakleys? They were discontinued in 2013..

Pretty sure I can do them, I think we have a JFL waiting to get done sometime soon. We are not cutting for about 3-4 weeks, our machine is down, but then will start back up and happy to help

@InfiniteHero can the lens from a Radar Xl be used as a donor for most x-metals? XX ,XSquared,Juliet,Mars?is it the same curvature?is the fact that it is a shield lens a problem/?Thanks

Back