• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Cutting Lenses - What Works

He's a she and I believe she will if the donors are suitable, though I can't speak for her. Haven't seen her around here lately so you might want to try contacting through the website I linked earlier. Be aware she's located in the UAE, which isn't really a big deal but can affect shipping times and/or costs.

Also, you will have trouble getting ruby polar and DWP. The problem with polarized is you need a donor big enough to cut without changing the orientation of the polarization, while with non-polar you can cut in any orientation. AFAIK there aren't any suitable ruby polar donors for R2 cuts, but there are for regular ruby - I have a pair, actually. DWP are also polarized and you'll likely have the same problem.

I don't think she's the one who did the prizm snow; was that @jdd32?

Yeah for r2 i only use big taco lenses. Same curvature and keeps the "tail" part of the lens to it. And i never tried cutting a different curvature lens for r2. With that tail it will be a double PITA

Flak 2.0/2.0 XL lenses not big enough?

Honestly I don't think so. Flak 2.0 (XL/Std.) donors really aren't good for much except penny. I especially don't like doing them in Polarized, etchings become an issue too.

Out of curiosity I checked. Splice on top of flak 2.o xl DWP. If it has to be level and centered this will not work. It will fit if you turn it a bit.. thoughts @Chris A Hardaway ??

20170404_101037.jpg

20170404_101113.jpg

Latest Posts

Back