1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. hick

hick Oakley Enthusiast Premium Member

So in the last month I have picked up 8 pairs of oakley glasses.
    (1)Tailpin, (1)Tailhook, (1)Tailback, (1)Crosshair, (1)Tinfoil, and (3)Tincans... All are polarized. I am now starting to look at the Deviation line but noticed they do not have polarized unless you go with a non Oak lens.
    I wear all of them regularly so far, sometimes two pairs a day depending on what I do after work. I drive about 30 miles into the sun to and from work.
    Would this keep you away from them? What style of metal frame would you like out if so?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. supersharp

supersharp X-Metal Connoisseur Premium Member

I used to only buy polarized, but ever since getting into X-Metals, I seem to have really started to care less about them being polarized, and more just about whatever lenses I can get for them. Sun conditions in TX are extreme bright most days, so when I say it doesn't really matter much to me anymore, it should say something. For the most part I just choose lenses that have low light transmission to handle the extreme sun like Black irdium, and Ice iridium if I can get polarized then it's a plus, but doesn't really bother me. Pretty much anything with less than 14-15% light transmission is good so go ahead and give them a try.

hick and kronin323 like this.
  3. Herbsley

Herbsley Royal Duke of Hijinx

I'm struggling to think of a model released without a Polarised option.

The Deviation, for example, had at least four - so you're wrong about that. I used to have the Light / Black Iridium Polarised, until I sold it when I decided it didn't suit me.

A useful resource for you will be O-Review.
    Here is a link to the Deviation range :
    Deviation

hick likes this.
  4. QLR1

QLR1 DARK SIDE, embraced!

I don't necessarily skip an entire line if it doesn't have a polarized option. In the case of the Deviation, the lack of options exist because it is discontinued. On the Oakley USA site, the only replacement options are nonpolarized Ruby and polarized Tungsten. Depending on the price paid for a frame, a pair of lenses may or may not be worth it. In my case, I paid $25 for a Deviation (polished black frame, dark gray lenses), and a few months later, I paid $71 for Tungsten Iridium Polarized lenses. $100 total isn't a horrible price.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

hick and cyclerdoug like this.
  5. cyclerdoug

cyclerdoug Oakley Expert Premium Member

Doesn't matter in the least here. I used to avoid polarized because you're not allowed to have them in the cockpit of an aircraft because they can wash out the radio and nav screens and make it hard sometimes to spot traffic if its a few miles away and at a certain angle. Now I just make sure I don't have a polarized pair if I'm flying, otherwise it doesn't matter to me at all.

hick likes this.
  6. SiRacer420

SiRacer420 Oakley Expert

I HATE polarized lenses. HATE HATE HATE

hick, thisguy and cyclerdoug like this.
  7. cyclerdoug

cyclerdoug Oakley Expert Premium Member

Easy man, you'll blow a gasket!

Dare I ask? :rolleyes:

hick likes this.
  8. SiRacer420

SiRacer420 Oakley Expert

The stuff you were talking about with the screens. They make everything look like that to me.

cyclerdoug likes this.
  9. Kuztomized

Kuztomized Oakley Collector

I stick to polarized only. A few times I've tried to use non-polarized lenses and the reflected glare bothers me since I'm used to it being filtered out. If there is a frame that I like which is only available with non-polar lenses, I'll either buy replacement lenses or buy an entire second pair with polarized lenses and do a swap.

hick likes this.
  10. The Game

The Game Oakley Enthusiast

The stringer is the only model out there without a polarized option yet.

hick likes this.