• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Early Juliet

That's a TIO2. The orbitals appear goldish because early Plasma finishes looked nothing like later and current generation silverish Plasma. Early Plasma finishes would often have a champagne like tone to them which is what you have there. Cleaning may change the tone somewhat (use only softsoap to do this imo) but I don't think it will change that much....early Plasma had that tone already and have a tendency to discolor at the molecular level. Congrats though, those are a pre 1000 serial and look to be in great conditon

Hello Xmetallfreak

you think this is not the original finish?
I still try to understand if this is a original purchase

Hello ucDavis4PTOgpa

Thank you for you very good feedback.
The Juliet is very stiff as far as it concerns all rubbers etc.

As I say, I havn´t seen anything like this before

I will follow your recommendation to clean it carefully, take the lenses out and put the originals back it.

Thank you
Harald

All this talk about early plasma finishes..... isn't the orbitals on a Ti-O2 Titanium, NOT plasma!?!? I have both a 1st Gen. Ti-O2 Juliet and a 1st Gen Plasma Juliet. The finishes are NOTHING like each other

Hello Xmetallfreak

you think this is not the original finish?
I still try to understand if this is a original purchase
if you clean it up. it would look less like "gold" and would look like more of a silvery/titanium finish. that is indeed an original purchase it discolored over time.

All this talk about early plasma finishes..... isn't the orbitals on a Ti-O2 Titanium, NOT plasma!?!? I have both a 1st Gen. Ti-O2 Juliet and a 1st Gen Plasma Juliet. The finishes are NOTHING like each other
i myself have both 1st and 2nd gen xx tio2. both have different finish the 1st gen tend to have plasma while the 2nd gen looks like titanium. im not sure why its like this but its been like this ever since.

Its Plasma on the orbitals. The difference in color over generations is due to the changes in the Plasma over the years. Remember that at the start Plasma was a boney or champagne color and Titianium was more silver. As the issues with the Plasma finish came to light, Plasma began to become more silver until, around 2003 right before Titianium was discontined, the two were very close in color (and todays Plasma is very close to Titianium just with smoother texture). I've owned multiple generations of both the XX 24K and TIO2 and the orbitals on both match each other and other Plasma frames of corresponding generations

I think Mickle is correct the finish is Titanium Dioxide, not Plasma. That's why the name Ti-O2.

i see the plasma finish on the orbitals are discolored. try to clean the juliets specially the orbitals. it would go back to its original silvery color.

Agreed. I don't think those are 24k orbitals. Some of the plasma finishes discolor that way, like this one did.

Try and clean it.

RetinaBurn said:
I think Mickle is correct the finish is Titanium Dioxide, not Plasma. That's why the name Ti-O2.

"titanium dioxide" is not a color that oakley makes. the TiO2 only refers to the 2-tone, x-metal, and Plasma. afaik titanium was not used on the Ti02. titanium had 2 generations too which further confused the situation. gen 1 titanium looks more similar to current plasma than gen1 plasma does to late gen plasma. still had a matte finish though, just less champagne..

Back