• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Ever buy something you will never wear

• Thread starter Deleted member 16285
  • Start date
The only way I'd buy a Madman is if it's as close to $0 as possible.

And still don't know if I'd wear it.

Like all Wires, which is basically what they are.

Oh, hang on....

Given the complete lack of Madman-wearing in the "What Oakleys Are You Wearing Today?" thread, l assume that every one of those frames are still in their boxes or gathering dust on shelves.

To be fair, I've tried them on at Shade Station and rocked them quite well. I just won't pay more than £100 for Wires.

Hmmmm. I wonder if I'll be made to regret these posts after the Interlink courier arrives tomorrow.
:blush:

To be fair though, I didn't pay more than £100 . . . .
:whistle:

Yes. I couldn't bring myself to wear my BNIB Juliet with x-metal frame and black iridium lenses (H sticker still on left lens). I decided to buy "one more" Juliet so I could actually wear it, but it turned into "5 more" :oops:.

I also have a Heritage Razor Blade on its way and can't see myself wearing it either. I had a new pair back in 1990 and regret selling them, so pulled the trigger on the another blade to relive my youth. All I am missing is a mullet and my old Ford Mustang :grin:

View attachment 234845 View attachment 234846
You ever sell those are they Violet lenses

Only two I don't wear. Too damn expensive to screw up.

image.jpeg

Last edited:
Never. But there is a faction of the community who are dedicated "No Shelf Whores"- basically, you don't own any Oakley's you don't or won't wear (so I'm going to have to strongly disagree with the mutually inclusive assertion in this thread). My experience is that people who are like that with other aspects of their lives as well- they don't own shoes they don't wear, watches they don't wear, cars they don't drive or have women they don't.....you get the point. :beach:

Last edited:
Badman and Madman are some of the ugliest sunglasses I have ever seen in my entire life. You couldn't pay me enough to wear those. Yuck!