• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Exclusive Holiday Release Of Classic Oakley Wires

I own a pair of original Square Wires that I bought when they were first released and just recently purchased a pair of the re-released Square Wires. In comparing the two I really don't see any differences between them. I'm not a fan of the China made Oakleys, but I hate to say if it wasn't for the slight variations in the frame it would be very hard, if not impossible to tell the difference between the two glasses.

To back up my simple answer if "new"

1) photos are different

Discontinued no longer made.

ubamuqy6.jpg

New limited edition "re-release".

u2uda2e3.jpg

Insuffice?

2) sku numbers are different

Old 05-502 New OO6012-01
Still not enough?

3) If they are remaking wires, where will it be manufactured? It is Suxotica era - China.

Still won't believe me?

4) I called Oakley Vault in Houston and confirmed it that hey are made in china.

To see is to believe?

So someone finally purchased them. And stated there is made in China on the left arm.

a7ade2e5.jpg

Hope that answers your question.

I was the one who bought he pair of T-wires. Its a bummer their not making them in the US anymore. I guess for China made stuff they're not bad but for the most part I really prefer to buy the older made in USA X-metals. Maybe I can pick up a set of the original T-wires to compare them to sometime, but for now they'll have to do for me. The logo on the earstems isn't nearly as good looking as the original. It looks like it is stamped on the remakes rather than machined as on the originals.

They are trash plain and simple...people wake up..Oakley is gone...Luxottica has ruined them...I sold my last pair...I am done with Oakley...I'm buying American.

I don't understand what all the fuss is about with things being made in China.

I mean look at all the members here who are not American or even reside in the US. We all still enjoy the brand.

I understand a lot of you have been into Oakley since Jim's days but what's the big deal if it's not made in America anymore

I bet most of you don't drive American made cars

I still drive an American car. It's not so much I feel the quality of the China made glasses is the problem it's just the fact that they were once made in the US and provided jobs to workers here and now are made somewhere else so a large company can make another $10 a per pair of glasses.

I don't understand what all the fuss is about with things being made in China.

I mean look at all the members here who are not American or even reside in the US. We all still enjoy the brand.

I understand a lot of you have been into Oakley since Jim's days but what's the big deal if it's not made in America anymore

I bet most of you don't drive American made cars
You don't understand the problem with them being made in China? You won't understand.Its a AMERICAN thing...Its about pride and respect...Luxottica can burn in Hell.

You don't understand the problem with them being made in China? You won't understand.Its a AMERICAN thing...Its about pride and respect...Luxottica can burn in Hell.

Thank you for speaking in behalf of AMERICANS....lol

To not be open to global capitalism is just denying the truth. You are surrounded by products from other countries.

Back