1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Mickle

Mickle Oakley Beginner

Spotted a local optometrist selling a glass display cabinet for $380. Went in for a look and enquired about it and he offered it to me for $300. (said to pay a small deposit and I can take as long as I want to pay it off so left him $50) He then turned around and said "I have this one (pictured) I'd let go for $50" so I snatched it up! It's a bollé cabinet but can easily get rid of the sign and add a nice Oakley decal! Thought it was a bargain and is a nice start to my Oakley collection!

(This is my first attempt at adding a picture so not sure how it'll turn out)

First Display Cabinet! - 9bbdc001.jpg

NOTE: Only just started collecting Oakleys for a few weeks now but I'm off to a good start! (I think!?)

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. JayMann

JayMann Oakley Collector

Not bad at all for $50!!

3. Uluahunter

Uluahunter Oakley Collector

$50??? Even if that's not an official O display case, it's still a steal!!! Nice pick up!

4. Peeza21

Peeza21 African in the United Kingdom

50 bucks?!?! WTF?!?! Where are all the bargains when I need them!! Great pickup!!!

5. Oakleynerd

Oakleynerd Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

like the display . . .
    looks cool! and i think it get better every day if you put some new sunnies in :eek:)

6. jiveSEVEN

jiveSEVEN I Should Work at Oakley...

Very nice display man, especially for 50 bucks...plus it has lights!

7. Menendez1293

Menendez1293 Oakley Enthusiast

Dang for 50 bucks that is a nice display case. Cheaper and nicer than the idea one I have.

8. Mickle

Mickle Oakley Beginner

Yeah, $50 was a steal!! It's nice and roomy too, not to mention the shelving is adjustable so it makes it much more customizable.

9. jiveSEVEN

jiveSEVEN I Should Work at Oakley...

I actually like that better than the Ikea Detolf...wow $50 bucks is insane! I like the width and the storage compartment at the bottom.

10. xInZax

xInZax Gascan Addict

Yeah. I'm looking for a replacement. I'm not sure how it happened, but I gained 16 new glasses since joining this forum, and it's only been a couple months. Not good for my wallet at all. I'm running out of space in my Detolf though, and its width is pretty annoying. I rather it be wider than longer. I've been buddy buddy with the home owned optometry store nearby, and hopefully they'll get rid of their Oakley case someday haha.