• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

First time X-Metal help

A real fan favorite and prob one of the more expensive frames is the R1. It's my favorite, and to me, it's the total embodiment of what the X-Metal was meant to be. Not to take away from any of the other frames, as each is beautiful in its' own right. R1 is probably the largest X-Metal frame, so another factor to consider is the size of your noggin. If you have a large noggin, R1, XX will fit a bit better. The XS, Juliet, Half-X, I'd say fall into a medium category. And the smaller frames would be Penny and Mars. R2 I cannot speak on, as it is currently the only frame I do not own, although I will eventually.

one more thing to consider, some colorways of the same frames appear different on your face. i tried the xm/ruby j's and didn't like how they looked on me. but the carbon/bip
yeh the color of the frame plays a fair bit on styling. I personally can't wear XM grey XS's unless i'm in my grey or khaki jackets. Best way is to try out a few Flak jacket frames in different colors at your local O store to get a feel if black/grey frames work for your style.

I personally love polished - it's timeless and goes with anything i wear and can accommodate a wide range of options for lens and rubber colors

Saves you the trouble try to get one of each lol.

Trouble is, he will probably end up with 'multiples' of each :newrussian:

You've had good advice here so far re which metal to buy first. I had the option of trying on a Juliet before I made an X Metal purchase. I decided my first would be an XX as i just preferred the look of the larger orbital. I have bought Juliets, and others models since ;)

Back