• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Flex couplers...

Dukeman24

Oakley Enthusiast
hey guys...I've never owned a pair of brand new Juliets...I was a broke college student in 2011, but now I have a couple pair...both since joining the forum Lol anyway...which flex couplers are the CLOSEST to OEM....I tried linegear, but man the frame still seemed very loose, however wearable, and OXM are nice and tight but it took a few times adjusting after getting my pin in, for them to sit exactly right...one pair is about to be sent to x-man, to have my plasma turned x-metal, so I'll let him do those, and my other pair is already x metal, but it's gonna be my "beater" pair. So I was wondering which flex couplers are the overwhelming favorite??

To DIY? OXM
Yeah....I've found that the nose bridge changeout is rather simple....I understand why most send them to X-man...doesn't he use .001" larger pins though? So after tuned once, the regular pins would be too small? I'm 100% going to take advantage of his craftsmanship to have my 4th gen Plasma frame refinished to x-metal though

If using pins similar to oem design with the rib portion then there is no need for oversized pins. The small ribbed portion locks the pin in place. And then that rib also shears off when pressing the pin back out so not to damage the nose bridge hole in anyway.

I have my own brand of rubber for a tight fit.i have a few sets of new OEM Rubber and I have 10 sets of beststoreusa rubber.pick one.

To achieve a tighter fit if the flex coupIer is still too loose after replacement I take the old coupler, cut it in half length-wise and use it in conjunction with the new coupler.
So where there are 2 layers of rubber in a normal flex coupler I will add a third (single) layer to get the tightness I want.

There seem to be a frame individual different and it result in tightness varies after putting on our new flex coupler. This is what we drawn from the tune up of over 150 frames. And if the frame has been used a lot, the joint in the nosebridge seems to be moving a bit.

Some frame if I remember clearly, the XX X-Metal would be drumb-tight after changing to our new flex coupler.

Last edited:
Back