• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Glasses other than oakley?

While I'm aware of some realities with comparisons, I'm Oakley-only.

Only exceptions are a Tifosi Logic and Rudy Project Hypermask. which were b-day gifts. Even if no one gets offended, selling them doesn't roll right in my mind. It's nice to hold onto a high-end model from a competitor brand anyway with the Rudy, Impact X lenses and all.

My son has my old Polarized Ray-Ban's from back in the 'day, a few sets of lenses later and my family has a grab box of semi-disposable sunnies (a few Tifosi and a bunch of the sub $10 specials you'll find at the bike shop sales a couple few times every year). We use them for biking, hiking, and freebies for others, mostly kids' friends that visit whose parents don't seem to care if the sun burns their eyes clear out of their skulls - better than nothing?

Then there are the reading glasses, 2 pair for myself and one for my wife. Not blind enough to go all in on Rx Oaks yet, but one day soon...

I just picked up a pair of Costas blackfin 580g green mirror lenses

Last edited:
i´ve said it quite a few times before, i buy glasses because i like them (they look cool)...

so, as of right now, i like Oakleys, but my buddy let me borrow some throw away street corner glasses last Saturday for my birthday...

loved them so much, i had to have them...he gave them to me....gradient green and yellow...

the "welds" look like they were done by a team full of Michael J Foxes and Stevie Wonders, the lenses are decent, but they fit and look perfect...

not a single name or stamp on them...he said they were $5...

IMG_4646.JPG

IMG_4704.JPG

I didn't know that Ray Ban made frames for larger faces. Surprised. But that's what saying? Pics or it didnt happen.... I tried a pair on; however, no pics, nothing to share lol
Devin from SGH described it as the pair one of the characters wore from the Wolf of Wall street.
ray-ban-2.jpg

Last edited:
I didn't know that Ray Ban made frames for larger faces. Surprised. But that's what saying? Pics or it didnt happen.... I tried a pair on; however, no pics, nothing to share lol
I'll prolly buy some when I get home...

The green ones or the pink ones...

Back