• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

GMT polished black/white face

Steve 1975

Oakley Beginner
I really like this timepiece but unfortunately one of the screws has broken and dropped out where the strap fixes to the case at the back. I have sent the watch to oakley for repair but because it is discontinued they were unable to do it because of no parts. Can anyone please help me in finding the screws I am looking for?

All you need is a pin. That is a very common issue with the GMT. Just take it to a jeweller or a local watch repair store and they can fix it in less than 10 minutes.

Thanks but It is the screw that holds the housing for the pin that I need. It connects the pin housing to the back of the watch casing. I have tried numerous repair shops with no luck.

$_1.jpeg

I found this image of the back of my type of watch. I am missing 1 of the 4 screws that hold the strap to the case.

AFAIK that should be a pretty standard screw; I don't know why the repair shops you tried didn't have one. The hard part would be finding one in a matching color.

If for some reason this latest shop also fails, I bet one of these sets would contain what you're looking for:

250 Piece Micro Watch And Eye Glass Screws - Pipe Fittings - Amazon.com

1000Pcs Screw & Nut Assortment Kit Repair Tool For Eyeglasses Cell Phone - - Amazon.com

Amazon.com: Top Plaza 1000PCS Glasses Spectacles Watch Tiny Screws Nut Assortment Repair Tool Kit Set: Watches

Amazon.com: 900pc Miniature Screw Assortment Eyeglasses Watches Jewelry Cell Phone Electronic Devices

AFAIK that should be a pretty standard screw; I don't know why the repair shops you tried didn't have one. The hard part would be finding one in a matching color.

If for some reason this latest shop also fails, I bet one of these sets would contain what you're looking for:

250 Piece Micro Watch And Eye Glass Screws - Pipe Fittings - Amazon.com

1000Pcs Screw & Nut Assortment Kit Repair Tool For Eyeglasses Cell Phone - - Amazon.com

Amazon.com: Top Plaza 1000PCS Glasses Spectacles Watch Tiny Screws Nut Assortment Repair Tool Kit Set: Watches

Amazon.com: 900pc Miniature Screw Assortment Eyeglasses Watches Jewelry Cell Phone Electronic Devices
Thanks very much for the info.

Back