• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Golden Rule #8

Well scalping is fine, but if theres different rules for different users here, then the site loses a little value to me.
Selling a romeo isnt scalping. but like the Rag n Bones, STPL, misc accessories and stuff like that, its pretty apparent. Is it not scalping if youre trading? I dunno I didnt make the rules.
I have duplicate, newer pairs that I would love to scalp, but I havent done so here because its outlined that we cant.

I must be missing something. Isn't this how free market works? If you have goods and people are willing to pay the price that you're asking for it, what's the problem?

hmmmmmm this is difficult lets set an example I bought a romeo 2 for 350 a while back nib in this forum.....if I sell it now for 450 is that scalping?? ive seen it happened its a trend THE BEST ANSWER IS IGNORE IT AND DONT BUY IT..then the price goes down.

hmmmmmm this is difficult lets set an example I bought a romeo 2 for 350 a while back nib in this forum.....if I sell it now for 450 is that scalping?? ive seen it happened its a trend THE BEST ANSWER IS IGNORE IT AND DONT BUY IT..then the price goes down.
What youre saying is what i call wise investing. I believe what owl is saying that for example: you went and got every1 the LV hardcase at cost and i went bought ten more waited for you to sell out and sold my LV hardcase 4 $10-20 more to the people that i know missed out on your friendly gesture. @the_owl, please feel free to tell me if im wrong here.

its a rule set forth that members of this forum agree to. thats all. hence golden rule #8

Stupid rule. A person should be able to set the price on his or her property. If people don't think it's a fair price they won't purchase it. Value should be decided by the seller and the purchaser.

Stupid rule. A person should be able to set the price on his or her property. If people don't think it's a fair price they won't purchase it. Value should be decided by the seller and the purchaser.
Im not agreeing or disagreeing with you here. Im just sayin i understand why this rule is in place, i think. This is a forum-a community so to speak. You and i can do whatever we want to ebay,CL etc. At the end of the day i like a place where i feel that i can trust a group of guys that are fair to give me a fair shot at what im looking for and i can show my appreciation by returning the favor.
We are here to help each other, not screw each other rite?

Im not agreeing or disagreeing with you here. Im just sayin i understand why this rule is in place, i think. This is a forum-a community so to speak. You and i can do whatever we want to ebay,CL etc. At the end of the day i like a place where i feel that i can trust a group of guys that are fair to give me a fair shot at what im looking for and i can show my appreciation by returning the favor.
We are here to help each other, not screw each other rite?

Hit the nail on the head...

yep scalping is fine but theres a rule here. This forum is privately owned and people who sign up agree to the rules.
The rule is setup to hopefully prevent people from buying all the LV cases and reselling them on here for a markup.
If Boss allows it, great, if he doesnt, awesome. But to have a rule in place thats only half enforced is BS.
that is what this thread is about

yep scalping is fine but theres a rule here. This forum is privately owned and people who sign up agree to the rules.
The rule is setup to hopefully prevent people from buying all the LV cases and reselling them on here for a markup.
If Boss allows it, great, if he doesnt, awesome. But to have a rule in place thats only half enforced is BS.
that is what this thread is about

I dont follow EVERY sale thread that takes place. But as you know if there is an issue with a particular thread, post, or comment, then maybe the "report" button should be used or better yet, contact boss or myself and we will gladly look into it. If you continuously see something why not alert us? I may miss something, or be working behind the scenes on another issue. If a Mod is doing something in a sale thread that appears to be a rule violation, please by all means send boss a PM. Why create a thread complaining about something when by not reporting it it may go unnoticed...

For the rest of the forum:
I will leave this thread open as to positive outlook to conversation. It will not be a slam session of this forum or any member. Thanks!

Back