1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Makeemsayunhhh

Makeemsayunhhh Oakley Beginner

Totally got fired yesterday. First time it's ever happened to me like that so in a little bit of shock. Plus now I won't get my 55% o-matter discount :-(

Worst part is I had my recent trade sent to me at work and it's still in transit. So now I gotta go pick it up in person. Yippee!

Oh well life goes on, just gotta keep on keepin' on! Knocking on wood for everybody else out there.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. del518

del518 I have a few pair.....

What was the reason for the termination?

3. Makeemsayunhhh

apparently im "too laid back" to be "the strong leader" they are looking for. Basically I wasn't enough of a prick to be a boss is what it boiled down to. That and no one really buys high sunglasses in Oregon (compared to Florida, Alabama, Georgia, Arizona etc where their other locations are), especially in an outdoor outlet mall. I kind of got blamed for the lack of sales because they did so well (in the summer) with the old manager before me.

I'm still a little butthurt about the whole thing, but I guess I understand. I'll live. I've been through worse. My son is 6 months old so I can at least spend more time with him than I have been. Every situation has plus sides I guess.

4. kennethekotto

kennethekotto Oakley Enthusiast

:thumb: heads up and all the best for your future endeavours! And nothing beats quality family time with your little kiddo!

5. OakleyGuru379

OakleyGuru379 What is that thing?!

Dude, they didnt even lay you off? They just fired you?

6. Makeemsayunhhh

Yep just like that. It sucked. Even tried to coax me into resigning, which I said hell no to lol

7. Monkey

Monkey Oakley Beginner

Pfft my balls...not too strict to be a boss...now that's a new one for me...
    Keep your head up! Everything happens for a reason!

8. OakleyGuru379

Good for you, man! Dont take any of their bull$@&"!

9. OakleyGuru379

Its good to see that your son has a dad that sticks to his guns and keeps his chin up, Makeemsayunhhh!

10. nlgrav182

nlgrav182 Oakley Enthusiast

Retail is a tough fickle industry. Good luck in the job hunt and enjoy your time off!