• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Got Screwed By USPS!!!

Dallas O Hog

O.C.D. Oakley Collecting Disorder haha
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Dallas
Well they delivered the package but I didnt receive it. He specifically remembers my package and putting it in the box, but the key to open the box, may have been left in someone elses box :( It had my watch and my x-squared so now I am out both fml

Wow... That is totally unacceptable... I'm sure you are super pissed and devastated right now. Any chance the place you live has cameras on the boxes? Or that someone may have turned them in? Where were they coming from? Ebay? Oakley?

Was my jobs post office because they normally drop them off at my restaurant. It was coming from a fellow forum member. I have got everything which has been about 10 packages over past two months and this one disappeared I am beyond pissed. No wonder they are $2 billion in the whole.

Was my jobs post office because they normally drop them off at my restaurant. It was coming from a fellow forum member. I have got everything which has been about 10 packages over past two months and this one disappeared I am beyond pissed. No wonder they are $2 billion in the whole.
The first thing I would do is find anyone who was in the area of the boxes today. Maybe someone saw somebody taking the package, or overheard someone talking about getting a package that wasn't theirs. If you have to get local law enforcement involved, at least get a report done for it. Sometimes police asking questions is enough to scare people into the truth.

Your situation would make me sick, but that's not why USPS is $2 billion in the hole.

Congress passed a bill lobbying for USPS to put away billions in savings for future benefits of soon-to-be-retired workers. No company could come back from that. Not to mention layoffs, people working double shifts and overtime being a postal service worker isn't easy.

But anyhow I would call your local USPS office and ask who was on delivery that day, or if they themselves can confirmed it was delivered. Were either of the packages insured?

Yeah I know Batwolf. Just very upset at losing both. I have never lost a single pair of Oakleys and yet I lose both these for something that wasnt my fault. It is showing as delivered so dont know if it was insured. Having to check with shipper but doubt it. I know stupid on me. And it was all one package. He remembers putting it in the box and locking it but I wonder if he left the package key that unlocks the package box in the wrong box.

Given the value of the items, and the fact that opening someone else's mail is a crime, I'd seriously waste little time getting the police involved. If the mail area where they were delivered to is in any kind of public place I'd ask anyone that even had a slim chance of seeing what happened if they saw anything, heard anything, etc. If you can't come up with any leads on your own then I'd get the police on this. Just because the post office screwed up doesn't make it any less criminal for someone to keep an item that knowingly isn't theirs.

Back