• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Has Anyone Else Tried Nano Clear?

i used it on all of my holy grail frames' lenses and it seemed to work wonderfully, not sure how often to reapply, the directions say its permanent.

It's really meant to be used on non-Hydrophobic glasses. For example if you apply it to Flak lenses it will bead up and may seem like it isn't working.

BTW this could've been asked in the cleaning thread as I also discussed the Nano Clear kit.

Well different thread, no big deal.

And I have been using it on all my non hydrophobic glasses that's what I have been talking about. Compared to Juliets or Flak Jackets it's pitiful. I'm not as upset that it doesn't work well, which it doesn't, as much as now they aren't going to make lenses with their hydrophobic coating on it.

i used it on all of my holy grail frames' lenses and it seemed to work wonderfully, not sure how often to reapply, the directions say its permanent.

When you compare it to a factory treated set of lenses you will be sad that it's not like those.

When you compare it to a factory treated set of lenses you will be sad that it's not like those.
What was the condition of the lenses you used the kit on? Maybe the treatment works better on factory new lenses rather than ones that have been in use? I'll let you know how it works for me, my kit should be here tomorrow.

I tried it on 14 year old lenses, 5 year old barely used lens, 2 year old scratched up lenses, factory new lenses a few times, you name it. One of these days I'll take a video showing the difference. I mean it works a *little* bit but if they aren't going to put their factory coating on anymore I'm upset.

Well different thread, no big deal.

And I have been using it on all my non hydrophobic glasses that's what I have been talking about. Compared to Juliets or Flak Jackets it's pitiful. I'm not as upset that it doesn't work well, which it doesn't, as much as now they aren't going to make lenses with their hydrophobic coating on it.
Those two glasses have Hydrophobic and OLEO lenses which means they are pre-treated with the Hydrophobic solution. Those lenses will always repel better than anything you apply with the Nano Clear kit. It is simply the next best option for those lenses without the Hydrophobic option.

I'm not sure why you keep mentioning that, I've applied to all non-hydrophobic lenses.
What I'm really upset about is that they aren't going to make hydrophobic lenses anymore.

Because you seem to be addressing the same issue.

Sorry if you don't like it? There's nothing that can be done about that.

I just assumed you meant that you thought I was trying to apply it to glasses that already had hydrophobic coatings.

Did Fast Jackets ever have a hydrophobic coating? I got mine today and the water falls off immediately like my other hphobic glasses.

Back