• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Have Any Of You Re-felted An X Metal Vault?

xmetal40

I am Jim Jannard...
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
USA
Curious as to what people consider the best products to use, and where to purchase them.

Thanks for any advice in advance!

xmetal40

I am considering felt; carpet would be interesting. Thanks!

I was thinking of doing it by using the Pink Panther insulating material. The foam one, not the one that looks like cotton. Can remember the actual name.

Very easy to cut and carve.

I'd be concerned about possible skin irritation, even though it's the rigid foam it still has some nasty chemicals you might not want on your face.

This is what I would suggest; Pick and Pluck foam inserts. You typically use it for pelican cases and the like, but it could be easily adapted for use in vaults. It's not overly expensive and you could do many vaults with one sheet of it. It's probably available locally for most people too (this was just a quick google search).

http://www.carrycasesplus.com/custom-foam-inserts/#foam-insert-products

You know? You are right, I never thought about chemicals. I have used that for my kids school projects but those get tossed after.

I've seen those Pick and Pluck foams but I didn't know they sell them individually. I've only seen them with the case.

Back