• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Have Prizm Field Lenses Changed Recently?

Carrsville

Oakley Beginner
Hello all, I just had a custom pair of M2 XL with Prizm Field lenses created. Just received them today and am not happy with the look of the Prizm Field lenses. They have a yellow gradient towards the end of the lenses on both sides which is also noticiable while looking through them.

Every Prizm Field lenses I have ever seen have always been a shade of red and didn't include the gradient. Do you think Oakley would be open to sending a different set of lenses?
Oakley1.jpeg
Oakley2.jpeg
Oakley3.jpeg
Oakley4.jpeg

Have you had previous versions in that same M2 frame? I notice the M2 shows different colors towards the edges on other lenses too and it might be that wrap towards the edge of the lens?

That to me looks nothing like a field but more like a road lens Or ruby lens. i don’t own them myself so I’ve never seen what they look like in the sunlight, so I’m not positive on what lens they are other then not field lens

It definitely looks like a Prizm Ruby lens to me. Here is a picture of me wearing the Prizm Field lens in the Flak 2.0 XL. As you can see, a very uniform color across the lens. For comparison, see the second picture of me in a Radar Path EV with a Ruby lens that looks a lot like yours; with the yellow gradient on each edge.

PXL_20220703_004326792.PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL_20220704_213034471.PORTRAIT.jpg

We need another M frame with Field lens to compare 100%

Meanwhile, do you have another Field lens in a different model you can look through to compare?

No matter what, i think you should write a email to Oakley customer service and say you believe you have received a different lens then you ordered.
Send a photo along and see what they have to say. :)

Last edited:
We need another M frame with Field lens to compare 100%

Meanwhile, do you have another Field lens in a different model you can look through to compare?

No matter what, i think you should write a email to Oakley customer service and say you believe you have received a different lens then you ordered.
Send a photo along and see what they have to say. :)
I don't have another Field lens on hand, but it does seem different than the previous Field lens I owned in a Flak 2.0 XL. When looking through the lens you can tell there is a gradient almost like a rose base in the middle of the lens, but a gray base on the outer right and left edges of the lens.

I have an email into Oakley now.

Latest Posts

Back