• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Heading Through Chicago Need Help

IUSTEVE

I am Jim Jannard...
INDIANA
We will be heading through Chicago in a few weeks (from indiana) on our way to Ohare airport. Want to hit a few vaults or O stores on our way. I am not sure what stores and where to find them. Id like to avoid the downtown stores as Saturday traffic won't be fun. Anything on the outskirts or east side of chi town that we can hit? I like to plan this out as we have limited time.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

There is a vault in Gurnee Mills, the mall. To be honest, I wouldn't go outta my way too far to get to it though. There isn't anything special in there. There is a nice O store in the Woodfield Mall but again, nothing that really is unique. Other than that, there aren't many options. I haven't been to actual O store on Michigan in Chicago but I know it's nice. Of the 3 that I can think of off the top of my head, I'd hit up the one in the city. Traffic really isn't that terrible on Saturday but good luck finding somewhere to park that won't cost you an arm and a leg.

Look for outlets, they all have vaults, and are away from the city.
There are outlet malls outside of Chicago, but I think that the Outlet Mall in Aurora, IL. is the only one with an actual Oakley Vault. I've only seen SGH at the rest of the outlet malls, but they aren't SGH outlets, just regular SGH located at Outlet Malls. Good Luck with your search. Safe travels.

O'Hare airport has 2 O Stores within the terminals....1 in the United and 1 in the American Terminal....never been but if they're O Stores prices will be premium with most likely new O items......

Was at the O Store in Watertower Mall (& Vault in Gurnee Mills) around New Year's. Vault was ok but didn't find any super deals on glasses that I couldn't pass up, so ended up just getting some apparel. O Store in the Mall was ok as well, but didn't really see anything great as far as deals. Didn't notice if they had any rare items or anything like that though.

That I do not know.... Like I said..... Never been. Good possibility though being an airport.

I am not looking for any "super" deals or anything special or rare. For me i don't live near any oakley retailer except a crappy SGH in my area mall. I've been to the gurnee vault some years back and if I remember its a ways past the ohare airport?

As for the 2 stores in the airport, that won't be an option as our flight leaves @ 5:30am so I doubt they will be open. Yes thats the downfall of early flights. Sad thing is our return flight is a Sunday night at 10:40pm so same scenario.

Downtown (Michigan st or waterfall place) stores would be a pain to park and get to on a Saturday afternoon.

Where is the aurora mall in reference to where I will be?

Also same question for woodfield mall?

Back