1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Tweener25

Tweener25 Oakley Beginner

Hi,
    My friend introduced me to Oakleys 2 months ago during a summer BBQ. Since then, I've pieced together 2 custom flak jackets using all genuine Oakley parts/lenses found on ebay for roughly $160 USD.
    While I do love my sports frames, I'm intrigued by the metal frames as well. Any suggestions on which pairs I should look at first?

Any feedback is appreciated and I hope to gain a bunch of knowledge from this forum

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Valkie 2

Valkie 2 Oakley Collector

Welcome, For me the pinnacle will always be the Romeo 1 as this was the original X-Metal. Juliets would be a good place to start as there are so many different combinations and they tend to fit most faces.

3. David F

David F Oakley Enthusiast Premium Member

I agree with Valkie 2. The Juliet's are also the easiest to find really and if you are lucky you can snatch a good pair for a great price here... Once you can use the exchange section. Lots of knowledge to be found here. Welcome.

4. Tweener25

Thanks for the suggestions. I did my daily craigslist search and found a local seller who is selling their Juliets w/ ruby lenses for $150, barely worn. I'll be checking these out after work or tomorrow.

5. David F

David F Oakley Enthusiast Premium Member

Already making a deal with that guy... Hes already going to meet me near his house.

EDIT: That's my attempt at being funny... I'm in the southeast... Hes going to mail them to me... Yeah I know... still not funny....

6. Oakle y

Oakle y Something Something Darkside Premium Member Lifetime Member

Hello and welcome

7. ptownphil

ptownphil Oakley Hoarder Premium Member

:welcome: Juliets. U can still find them for reasonable prices. If you like the rimless look then go half x.

8. OakleyGuru379

OakleyGuru379 What is that thing?!

Welcome to the forum!

9. Tweener25

I appreciate the warm welcomes. Picked up the Juliets after work and will snap a shot of them when I'm not dead tired.

10. pjd1234

pjd1234 X METAL NERD

welcome