• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Help Restoring A Single-wide Display Case

Maybe 10-12 hours of working the steel wool and polishing the plexiglas. I am very happy with how it looks. The plexiglass is almost perfect. Here and there, you will find a subtle scratch, but the NOVUS system almost completely eliminated the original scratches and haze.

I steel-wooled the entire frame of the case, 00, 000 and finally 0000. Then I cleaned all of the plexiglas with the NOVUS 3-step system. It works GREAT. I added some custom LED lighting from a vendor on eBay, and here she is...

View attachment 65945
View attachment 65947
View attachment 65948

Came out looking great. I also used some Bon-Ami on mine and it helped a lot for dirty and grime caked on.But good to know the steel-wool can get it looking even better.

Really nice rehab Matt!

Nice job. I bet it was hard work but it has paid off as it looks great now. Do you have a link to the type of lights you used?

Yes, but I suggest you contact this seller on eBay, and tell him about your specific display, and the type of lighting effect you want to achieve. He has different types of lighting, and may suggest a specific kind for your application.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-X-40-1m-1..._Lights_Fairy_Lights&var=&hash=item2a3934e0e7

any tips while using the steel wool? restoring my case as we speak.

Use the finest steel wool you can find, and use long sweeping stroke, not short jagged ones. Good luck!

Here is a second NON-OAKLEY case I just assembled. A member on here already showed this type of case. I had purchased this months ago, but finally got around to adding the ICON, and I think it looks great.

tabledisplaycase.jpg

Back