• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Help With Repairing Hinge On X-metal Case

I'd take the hinge pin out and put some Delrin or plastic spacers in there....
Take a walk around Home Depot and see if they have anything that will work.

McMaster didn't have anything comparable. I tried to get them from Oakley but they said they owned all the x-metal cases and couldn't give out the pieces or their distributor?? I will see if any machine shops can fab them up.

McMaster didn't have anything comparable. I tried to get them from Oakley but they said they owned all the x-metal cases and couldn't give out the pieces or their distributor?? I will see if any machine shops can fab them up.

yeah Oakley does technically own all of the cases they are given out for display purposes... There is usually a sticker somewhere on the back/bottom/inside the case stating this display is property of oakley and is not for available for sale. I have no idea how to take the hinge apart though good luck on figuring it out.

if you do a quick google search you can find out the company who made the cases for Oakley I have done it before and found the company. I don't know if they will be willing to help you but it's worth a shot.

I found the company but they won't sell the hinge. Oakley must have a tight lock on their products.

If you have one that you used from them can you share a picture? I looked through 1800 hinges and only seen one stainless steel that was kind of close. Thanks.

Back