• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Here's the new x metal

Madman looks like sh1t, badman looks like any one of dozens of plastic framed glasses.
Not interested in either regardles of price!

Many who saw the madman earlier had a similar first impression, but it can grow on you with a little time.
Absolutely. It'll really require a hands on look. What disappoints me most is the half plastic construction.

Like you've been saying for a long time, I really hope they don't call these x-metals. Plastic shouldn't be part of this legacy.

Its so hard to tell without seeing them in person - the touch, the feel, trying them on. I'll reserve my final judgement until such time as I feel qualified to make one. ;)

I'm surprised there's not more love for the Madman and Badman. It's the old Oakley design released again in full form.

It's the old Oakley design released again in full form.
We don't know this to be true. The old design was Ti, relatively indestructible. If these new pairs are too heavy on the plastic and have the slightest reference to an 'X' that will be a problem for some, myself especially.

I will say Oakley gets some credit here for pushing forward with at least one design that is probably not for everyone. That is the part I like the most. The materials, construction, marketing, and the package as a whole (box and coin?) will have to wait to be evaluated.

We don't know this to be true. The old design was Ti, relatively indestructible. If these new pairs are too heavy on the plastic and have the slightest reference to an 'X' that will be a problem for some, myself especially.

I will say Oakley gets some credit here for pushing forward with at least one design that is probably not for everyone. That is the part I like the most. The materials, construction, marketing, and the package as a whole (box and coin?) will have to wait to be evaluated.
Why do we think there's plastic in these?

Latest Posts

Back