• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Hey all glad to be here!

Dschin96

Oakley Beginner
Found this forum because of a mistake I made. Seems like I found the right place tho! I got a burr up my rear end the other day and decided I wanted to paint my radars. From what I’ve read here and elsewhere, I decided to go with spray paint because I wasn’t about to buy an airbrush for this one project. So I bought an adhesion promoter primer, a can of od green and a matte clear coat. I’m an extremely impatient person so I’m guessing y’all know where I’m going with this. I was patient between coats and finished the clear coat with about 6 coats and they looked money. I waited about 4 hours (massive mistake) and they were dry to the touch. Put the socks back on and everything went downhill. Thumbprints everywhere. Should’ve just stopped there. Put the lenses in (even bigger mistake) they took almost all the paint off the nose piece when I snapped them in. So anyways I’m gona give it a round 2 tomorrow after soaking them tonight in some super clean. If all goes well I’ll post some pics!

Welcome!

I hope you get it figured out bud!

hey-jim-carrey.gif

Bit of an update. Finished them this morning with another round. Took a day and half of soaking in super clean and a few rounds of scrubbing lol but got them stripped and painted. Ended up with some goofy textures I think from the spray paint but other than that I like the way they turned out! For my first project I’m happy with them. Learned a lot from my mistakes lol

IMG_1065.jpeg

IMG_1067.jpeg

Back