• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Holbrooks Or Frogskins?

nickfarley

Oakley Beginner
Hi everyone,
I was just wondering and wanted to know if anyone has bought or owns some Oakley Holbrooks, from the pictures I have seen I really like them because they kind of remind me of a Frogskin style but seem more sleek and modern. It would probably be better if you own both Holbrooks and Frogskins as I would be selling a current pair of Frogskins I own so I could buy the Ducati Holbrooks. Although, if there are other colour combinations that look better etc than the Ducati or if there are any suggestions as to combinations to stay away from then any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,

Holbrooks have better coverage and feel like they are better made and definitely look good. That being said the colorways aren't nearly as good as the frogskins. I have only 2 pairs of holbrooks and 25ish pairs of frogs. Love them both and as a daily wearer the holbrook probably makes more sense, but for classic style and crazy colorways the frogs win hands down.

Holbrooks are my favorite frames because they fit great and have a awesome look. I like the more square look of the holbrooks better than the more rounded look of the frogs. In terms of colorways I done think you can really go wrong and that all comes down to personal tastes. I have a pair of Ducatis and I wear mine regularly.

Holbrooks and frogs are both great In my opinion however frogs can get expensive especially in the truly limited editions. I prefer holbrooks over my frogs and I have over 50 frogs. The holbrook just feels stronger and better made in my opinion. My favorite color combination is the stpl Holbrook.

Fit is an important choice for me. The Holbrooks are bigger and let more light in the sides when they sit on my face, so Frogskins all the way for me.

well, since the Holbrook was supposed to be a modernized and updated version of the Frogskins, i guess you can't go wrong with both! i use both models on a regular basis, but like what others have said thus far, if you're heading towards the collecting direction, Frogs can get expensive to acquire. but fit-wise, i love both quite a bit, but personally leaning towards the Brooks for now, since the Frogs scene is pretty quiet. for now. =)

Back