1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. nickfarley

nickfarley Oakley Beginner

Hi everyone,
    I was just wondering and wanted to know if anyone has bought or owns some Oakley Holbrooks, from the pictures I have seen I really like them because they kind of remind me of a Frogskin style but seem more sleek and modern. It would probably be better if you own both Holbrooks and Frogskins as I would be selling a current pair of Frogskins I own so I could buy the Ducati Holbrooks. Although, if there are other colour combinations that look better etc than the Ducati or if there are any suggestions as to combinations to stay away from then any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks,

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. AtmosPlease?

AtmosPlease? Oakley Beginner

Holbrooks have better coverage and feel like they are better made and definitely look good. That being said the colorways aren't nearly as good as the frogskins. I have only 2 pairs of holbrooks and 25ish pairs of frogs. Love them both and as a daily wearer the holbrook probably makes more sense, but for classic style and crazy colorways the frogs win hands down.

3. cyoung4540

cyoung4540 Oakley Beginner

Holbrooks are my favorite frames because they fit great and have a awesome look. I like the more square look of the holbrooks better than the more rounded look of the frogs. In terms of colorways I done think you can really go wrong and that all comes down to personal tastes. I have a pair of Ducatis and I wear mine regularly.

4. tmsnewberry

tmsnewberry Oakley Enthusiast

Holbrooks and frogs are both great In my opinion however frogs can get expensive especially in the truly limited editions. I prefer holbrooks over my frogs and I have over 50 frogs. The holbrook just feels stronger and better made in my opinion. My favorite color combination is the stpl Holbrook.

5. cyoung4540

cyoung4540 Oakley Beginner

My favorite holbrook colorway is def the Matte Clear with Fire Iridium SGH exclusive

6. tmsnewberry

tmsnewberry Oakley Enthusiast

Also a great color way

7. jk-27

jk-27 Moderator Premium Member

Fit is an important choice for me. The Holbrooks are bigger and let more light in the sides when they sit on my face, so Frogskins all the way for me.

8. jonoyong

jonoyong Inside Outlaw. Staff Member Premium Member

well, since the Holbrook was supposed to be a modernized and updated version of the Frogskins, i guess you can't go wrong with both! i use both models on a regular basis, but like what others have said thus far, if you're heading towards the collecting direction, Frogs can get expensive to acquire. but fit-wise, i love both quite a bit, but personally leaning towards the Brooks for now, since the Frogs scene is pretty quiet. for now. =)

9. Frogskins

Frogskins Oakley Expert

If you're cool and hip, you wear Frogs.

If you worship Shaun White, you go with Brooks ...

:laugh:

10. adam1994

adam1994 Oakley Beginner

Frogs fit me a bit better so frogs.