1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

Tags:
  1. Mr. K

Mr. K Oakley Enthusiast

So, with no more XS being made, how long will oakley make lenses? Will the lenses go to the vault in its final quantities or does oakley just continue to sell at regular price?

After (if) there are no more made, how does one source a lenses? Ebay? Or is one just forced to go aftermarket?

Not being around as long as many here, what is your experience?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. kronin323

kronin323 Font of Useless Knowledge Premium Member

I can't answer your questions on how Oakley goes about discontinuing replacement lenses, but I can talk about other options:

I wouldn't go aftermarket - they may look cool but most don't last long and none have the same optical quality as Oakley, over time you might screw up your eyes.

If you can't find Oakley replacements for XS, go custom cuts (using Oakley replacement lenses for different frames and cutting them to fit your frame). I've done business with InfiniteHero - he has access to a variety of Big Taco and other lenses that are suitable donors for XS. He also has a bunch of postings around this forum explaining the optical problems with aftermarkets, you can find them in a search.

InfiniteHero, xmetalmaniac, and dr.chop do custom cuts; there may be others around here that do them too.

3. OakleyGuru379

OakleyGuru379 What is that thing?!

X squared lenses will never be sold at a discount by Oakley.

Krank and Dallas O Hog like this.
  4. Krank

Krank Oakley Enthusiast

Best bet is simply buying up some lenses for the future. I socked away some Ice and Ruby for my XS so far.

5. Mr. K

Mr. K Oakley Enthusiast

Was thinking the same thing. Just wanted to know my options first.