• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How Many Of The Men Here Rock The Violet Lenses?

Julian Wilson brooks, ih split jackets, custom xmxx lenses, yea I rock em and love the look. Gotta match it up too.

When Violet started to make its resurgence in the company the last few years I disliked it alot---something about the puple lens thing. But then I went ahead and gave them a try on my IH Juliet and WOW. Now amongst my favorite lenses, enough that I had a pair custom cut for my Romeo 1's and may add another set soon. Part of what makes it special is that its not PURPLE...its a lighter than that and has the unique character around the edges of the blue.

And if people want to stereotype a color-be my guest. Purple (though VIOLET is actually more composed of Blue than red, the primary component of true Purple) is the color of royalty as well as this-----so I think that it speaks for itself

399px-PurpleHeartCase.jpg

Appreciate your post a pic of the Purple heart. It gave me an excellent idea. My Dad is gone now, suffered residual pain from his injury his entire adult life without a complaint. His Purple Heart has been in a drawer at my Mom's for years. It should be proudly displayed. Going to set it up on display with my IH Juliets. He was my IH!

Appreciate your post a pic of the Purple heart. It gave me an excellent idea. My Dad is gone now, suffered residual pain from his injury his entire adult life without a complaint. His Purple Heart has been in a drawer at my Mom's for years. It should be proudly displayed. Going to set it up on display with my IH Juliets. He was my IH!

Ooorah

I used to rock my IH Violets until the irregular tinting it has caused me to start getting headaches anytime id wear them over 15 mins... are anyone elses lenses like that where 1 side of the lens will be a darker tint while looking thru it and the other side more lighter/different color.

If fire iridium was a girls color then why do baseball players wear it? When ever I walked into a store looking for oakleys I have been asked if I play baseball and I say yes and they offer me to try on the fire iridium lens, which I recently purchased and love wearing it. Fire is more considered to be a baseball lens color now. Back to violet iridium, I bought a pair to put in my matte black split jackets and I think they look good. I like to match it with my purple shirt and polo. No color has a gender, it just depends on how you wear that color.

I love the Violet lenses in the Eyepatch 2. I wasn't aware of the color until I saw it in that frame. It just rocks! I've never received any flak over it (nor would I really care if I did). I have gotten an appreciation of the color now... Since I have to coordinate with the sunglasses now.

Latest Posts

Back